Question chrome shortcuts greyed out

juliejj

Apr 1, 2024
Visit site
hi everyone im new to the group.
i have00 samsung s20 5g
i have alway used google chromes
ive noticed thats when i save a google shortcut and add it to my home screen , they are greyed out
please helpScreenshot_20240329_213604_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20240329_215014_One UI Home.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see it as well, on both my Galaxy A32 5G and Pixel 7 Pro. So it looks like an issue with Chrome itself. Send feedback to the developers from within the Chrome settings menu. I'll do the same.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
before the latest update they was coloured
I use Chrome Beta as my stock browser and I had the same issue in v123.

This has now been solved in the latest Beta (v124) so I would expect the same when the stable version upgrades to this. However regardless of this I have a far more preferable option.

I can't speak for other third party launchers as I've only used Nova Prime pretty much since birth but using this you can change the image of any app or shortcut icon added to the screen.

For example I have a Chrome shortcut on screen for the Met Office rain radar map from their website. The image on the left showing this doesn't tell me very much so I changed the icon to a rainfall image I downloaded as shown on the right.

Same principal applies to the shortcuts to the settings I have for Do Not Disturb and Voicemail shown underneath (this feature is also available in the free version of Nova).
1000000940.png

Albertfantrau

Apr 15, 2024
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta as my stock browser and I had the same issue in v123.

This has now been solved in the latest Beta (v124) so I would expect the same when the stable version upgrades to this. However regardless of this I have a far more preferable option.

I can't speak for other third party launchers as I've only used Nova Prime pretty much since birth but using this you can change the image of any app or shortcut icon added to the screen.

For example I have a Chrome shortcut on screen for the Met Office rain radar map from their website. The image on the left showing this doesn't tell me very much so I changed the icon to a rainfall image I downloaded as shown on the right.

Same principal applies to the shortcuts to the settings I have for Do Not Disturb and Voicemail shown underneath (this feature is also available in the free version of Nova).Free Estimates
It's not just normal; it's incredibly beneficial and a real time-saver! For frequent visitors to the same website, these shortcuts are a game-changer. Instead of the usual routine of searching and browsing, these shortcuts allow you to navigate directly to your desired destination, streamlining your online experience like never before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky