Help now please

boxii

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
please guys i really need your help, so i baught a samsung captivate about 2 weeks ago. when i tried to put froyo on it the first time (2.2) the odin3 one click basicly stopped at this point.

"<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
"

and then it just stopped working. so i unplugged it and turned off my phone to get the Phone ! Computer error logo. i couldnt get out of it so i went to bestbuy to get a new one, i have the protection plan.

the second phone would just randomly turn off on me, but i did the 2.2 update right this time. i went to bestbuy to return it a day after i returned the other one.

after installing 2.2 and rooting it i found it was very slow so i wanted to restore it back to 2.1 with the flasher and i ****ed it and i got the same error as the first one. couldnt get out of it and i went today to replace it again.

i had to go to 2 bestbuys because in 1 week i have gotten 3 phones. they gave me a new one and i just got home went to put 2.2 on it as i did successfully before and it froze again just like the first one.

now i know ill get alot of **** saying why are u doing the same **** wrong every time, i need to have 2.2 for flash. there might be easier ways but w.e i just wanted 2.2.

anyway its stuck on this again

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

in download mode on my captivate. i know if i disconnect it my computer wont read it and if i turn off the phone it will go into that phone ! computer error and im ****ed.

its not slow because its been on for 2 hours and nothign happen, so please tell me how i could get it back to original settings please. i really cant go back to bestbuy and return it now because i will get ****ED

Thanks so much guys

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could offer some help...

...I guess telling you to be patient and wait for the official release of Froyo (should be withing a couple weeks) isn't helping you much now.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone get stuck in the same spot as you. I just unplugged and turned off the phone, restarted Odin, and plugged it back in in download mode. Use the procedure here to get it in download mode. You shouldn't need to return the phone.

boxii

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
tried that

the thing is that iv tried putting it into download mode with every button combination possible, the only way i have successfully put it in download mode is with android sdk and typing adb reboot download

so should i still try it?

boxii

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
OMFG, i just tried that anyway cuz i was desperate and i know better, it didnt work. its tsuck in the phone!computer screen. there no way i can fix this now...

i have tried everything, how long does it take for it to go into download mode?
cuz when i press the volume buttons and plug it in it just pops up with the phone!computer screen nothing else..

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
the thing is that iv tried putting it into download mode with every button combination possible, the only way i have successfully put it in download mode is with android sdk and typing adb reboot download

so should i still try it?

Obviously not based on your last response. You should have checked to see if you could get into recovery with the button combo before you started. If you couldn't, there is a fix for it that you should have applied first.

READ this forum and see if you can get it to work. [Q] Is my phone toast? no download mode "phone-!-Computer" - xda-developers

If you can't, I would advise you to not flash any more ROMS until you understand the process a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress