noob help with update.zip

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
hi,
im trying to flash a new rom, but probably shouldnt due to my noob status. anyways, i want to backup first, so i flash clockwork mod recovery, reboot into recovery, and get stock recovery screen saying "cannot verify whole file signature" or something of that nature. where can i get the original update.zip?

thanks in advance

ps. yes, ive searched, but im too noobish to understand any of the solutions.

i am rooted, have sideloading enabled.
i have partitioned my drive for .ext3 use, but this issue was before that as well.

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, id like to start from scratch. i flashed a froyo rom on, just wanna get back to scratch, back up the rom, and flash a different rom. any recommendations for a fast, basic mod? just looking for something fast with minimal bugs.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Download rom manager.open it...click flash clockwork recovery...then boot into recovery and reinstall packages

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
i have rooted, but i suppose i cant be sure unless i have proof. can you just tell me how to get back to the stock captivate 2.1 rom, and ill start over from there?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i have rooted, but i suppose i cant be sure unless i have proof. can you just tell me how to get back to the stock captivate 2.1 rom, and ill start over from there?

Just reboot your phone and see if you still have root access. Chances are you don't and that's why you are getting that error.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you look in my signature there is a link to how to videos for the captivate...look for the one click videos for odin.the videos will have the links and instructions

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It should say it on the screen. Try this to get into clockwork:
1. Volume down, Camera button, power button
2. Press volume down button to option you want
3. Press camera button to select After its done, just keep selecting go back, then select reboot now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89