Missing apps

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I went in to take a college exam and turned my phone off. Back on half my apps are gone. Reboot still gone. They are installed on SD. Looked under manage apps, there they are. Clicked move to phone on all. Still nowhere to be found. But I can see them under manage apps. What do I do?

Sent from my freaking awesome Captivate via Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So I went in to take a college exam and turned my phone off. Back on half my apps are gone. Reboot still gone. They are installed on SD. Looked under manage apps, there they are. Clicked move to phone on all. Still nowhere to be found. But I can see them under manage apps. What do I do?

Are you running KF1 or KH3 builds? What exactly is your ROM, or is it the Firefly 3 in your sig? The problem you describe is the app location bug with the new 2.3 builds, so I am guessing KF1. You will need to uninstall them, UNMOUNT your SD card, and reinstall them. Should work fine then. You do not want to install any app while your SD card is mounted, with these builds, or problems like this can occur.

If you are seeing this on a 2.2 ROM, then I think you are having SD problems. I would still do the above... I have only ever had trouble with apps on the SD card instead of the phone. Can't recommend it.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well since I saw them under manage apps I decided to click move to phone. What I failed to realize was a simple reboot was needed for the changes to take effect from the move LOL. All is well now.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Could you provide more information? Did you load a custom ROM, or did they just up and disappear one day? When you say APPS LIST, what exactly are you referring to? The MY APPS in the Market, or the list from the MENU on your phone, or the app drawer?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member