Email Question on Captivate

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a side business and since like a lot of us here, I am on the go a-lot, I depend on my cell for literally everything in dealing with clients, email, games, etc...I digress...
Main Issue: When using the native email client for gmail and trying to attach a doc, I seem to be stuck on the camera folder only and can't get to documents...
Example: I downloaded a contract to my sd card and after reviewing and updating via docs to go, I was going to forward to a business partner for final review.
What Happened: When I went to attach the contract, I was only shown the photo folder on the sd card, I can't find a way to get the file, only photos.
Question: Is there a way to get the phone to let me pick the folder (like most other phones) that I need to get a file from?
I really hate for this to be my deal breaker as I like the phone, but can't use something that doesn't meet my needs and I literally loathe the Blackberry interface for the slowness.
If android and samsung wants to get into the business world, they can't assume that every user is a media/gamer/photo person, some of use the phone for work also...

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be the Gmail client as the POP3 and Exchange email accounts work fine. I noticed that i have options for OI File Manager and Astro File Manager when I go to add gmail attachments as I have both installed. Selecting OI let my browse and add attachments - Astro did not.

So try installing the free OI File Manager.

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ended up swapping the phone and think I had a buggy device. However, the samsung rep mentioned that the gmail client will only let you send photos (doesn't matter if on SD card or internal storage). Have to use the email client to send .doc, .xls, or any other type of file...
Google will need to fix this if they plan to contend with Blackberry, WM or iPhone in the "business consumer" market.
Again, my opinion...Android has a ton of potential otherwise,,,

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ended up swapping the phone and think I had a buggy device. However, the samsung rep mentioned that the gmail client will only let you send photos (doesn't matter if on SD card or internal storage). Have to use the email client to send .doc, .xls, or any other type of file...
Google will need to fix this if they plan to contend with Blackberry, WM or iPhone in the "business consumer" market.
Again, my opinion...Android has a ton of potential otherwise,,,

You should install OI file manager (it is free) and try my workaround. It is only one more click to get to your files and add attachments.