Sd card keeps unmounting

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden I get a notification it is safe to unmount my sd card. I go to settings and I have to mount it again.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok??? What is your question lol. Do you have any settings you changed, update to the new JH2 firmware? What exactly have you done prior to this issue happening. USB debugging is enabled correct.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nothing just browsing or reading email and I get a notification saying sd card unmounted. I am talking about my micro card. I go into settings sd card it says safe to remove card. I remount card and it is reading it again.
isn't usb debugging suppose to be on if your hooking to the computer? Is the jh 2 hardware an upgrade or something I should download. I am using the sd card out of my bold. It is about 2 or so years old, but it has been working. All I have is pictures and some video on it.

Last edited:

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You might try reformatting your Micro SD. Just so you know the internal memory is also called SD so thats why I was asking what was going on. I cant say one way or the other if the new firmware would help. Try formatting first and see if it continues.

RIU4

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi ... I bought a new HTC Desire HD last week and I've been facing a few similar problems too ..
Apparently for no reasons what so ever, my phone keeps telling me my SD card has been unmounted. I tried to find the source of the problem but it happened on many different situation so I couldn't make a conclusion on what's wrong.

I've been using a 4 year old N73 till now and I was really hoping to get a better experience from this phone but this problem really bugs me.

It happens roughly once or twice a day. Sometimes when I'm browsing the web and when I'm listening to music. It also happens when I just put it out of standby mode *pressing the power button and the phone shakes a little. Just a little bit* making me think that the SD card was lose so after I remounted the card I shook my phone around a few times but nothing happens.

I'm using the 8gb SD card that came with the phone.

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Raven71,

Did you recently install any new applications which might be indexing the external SD card (MP3/music players seem to cause lots of problems with auto-mounting of external cards)?

AoN

anon(100312)

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. At first, I found some old Apple-protected music (m4a/m4p files) I had accidentally put on the card. Removing those reduced how often it happens, but it still happens.

raven71: What is the 'oclf fix' you used? Is it still working for you so far?

James Jenkins

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten 2 gs3 skyrockets over the warranty program.fir the same issue.and am still having the same problem.I don't down load any new apps.don't do any thing different than usual.I am sick of this crap.

indhallah

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sd card unmounting

hello, What should I do if (sd card is unmounted), and what steps should I take to restore it without having to delete the existing data ,,,,, ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez