When phone dies, i have to restore it

Bmel

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
every time my phone dies i have to restore. If i turn the phone off its no problem, but if the battery gets low i lose everything. i used OCLF 2.0 2.e recovery to root, 2.1 update. Has anyone experienced this, i have a fix?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
every time my phone dies i have to restore. If i turn the phone off its no problem, but if the battery gets low i lose everything. i used OCLF 2.0 2.e recovery to root, 2.1 update. Has anyone experienced this, i have a fix?

Wow i have never head of this, have you tried to do a factory restore or flashed an odin stock version... it let me know how far you are willing to go to get this fuctioning.

Reactions: Bmel

Bmel

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow i have never head of this, have you tried to do a factory restore or flashed an odin stock version... it let me know how far you are willing to go to get this fuctioning.
i use the odin OC then root using 2.e recovery, then i use OCLF 2.0 EXT2 tools, lagfix+ 2.1, then i get TiBackup and go back to normal

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i use the odin OC then root using 2.e recovery, then i use OCLF 2.0 EXT2 tools, lagfix+ 2.1, then i get TiBackup and go back to normal

Why dont you use Odin to go to froyo and see if this makes a difference
You can use Odin one click method to 2.2. but this will leave you completely Stock as if you just got it out of the box from Samsung

I897UCJI6 - FROYO - for real - xda-developers

1.Open Odin
2.Put Phone into Download Mode
3.Use ODIN to browse to all the Appropriate Files
4.Connect your phone
5.Hit Start , Watch the magic

How to put in download mode:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Remove the battery, SIM card, and external SD card if you have one
2.Insert the battery
3.Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
can i upgrade with odin and keep all my apps and contacts?

well for contacts you can use your gmail account.

Settings>accounts and sync>enable back ground data, enable autosync.
at the bottom select your Gmail account,>sync your Contacts.

then from your computer log onto gmail look in the contacts area and they should all be there

-------------------------
for your apps you can use titanium backup to back up your apps, but when you switch to froyo you can only restore missing apps+data... not missing apps +all system data, if you do that you will have a force close problem.

you can also get an app brain account online, then download it to your phone and sync, this will record all your apps, then after they update you can sync with app brain again and all you have to do is reinstall them all.

using odin to froyo will leave you with an out of the box fresh froyo phone , so you will have to do all the setting up again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa