email not sending while on airplane mode

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just as the title states, I was on airplane mode and doing emails on the GN2 when.I hit send and it gave me a warning saying cannot send. Previously on the original note I was able to send and the emails would sit in outbox waiting for me to get back online. Can anyone help or verify this?
I checked in settings but didn't see anything that stood out.

Any info would be great.

KC

rowanbausch

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Airplane Mode will by default turn off WiFi. So, if Airplane mode is enabled, go back to your notification screen and re-enable WiFi. This will give you Internet, but disable GPS, Cellular and NFC (me thinks).

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
But I'm actually on a plane...that's the issue at hand. How can I work on emails on a plane when all radios are off?

Thanks for the reply. I'm still looking for any answers, or a tester to see if their unit does the same.
Perhaps compare settings if their unit works.

Thanks again.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Wait till you get off the plane and then send the emails. As such they will be saved as drafts. Better for you actually giving chance to think if anything missing or needing clarification.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It is the function of the email client you used. The Samsung email client won't let you send email when you are offline. You can use the Gmail email client, and it will let you and it will sit in the outbox and ready to go when you are back online.