AT&T Note 2 only lasting about 7 hours now

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My note 2 has been lasting about a day and a half until a couple of days ago, now it only makes it about 7-8 hours.

when I look at my power usage it says that Gallery is using 52% which doesn't make sense at all. Any idea what app or what could be causing this?
I installed the Falcon twitter client about that time, I killed it (stopped it) a few hours ago and it still kept draining as fast as ever.

Ideas out there?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The screen should use the most from what ive heard. I have noticed that when apps are using more than this they are probably doing something you dont want it to. Gallery is a picture viewer. Just kill it and move on

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
not that easy, I kill it and it returns. Screen is only using 20% and the Gallery is now at 67%... I have restarted the phone, stopped gallery and nothing.

thanks for trying, hopefully someone will have an idea yet.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a software bug.... Something is getting "stuck"
1. Do a complete backup to external SD
2. Do a hard reset of the phone Reset found here
3. Restore your backup

Shouldn't take long and won't hurt anything if your running stock.

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you recently updated ATT's Locker app, uninstall the update. The latest update was a battery hog. It managed to drain my battery at the end of the day even when I have never used the app. Check the reviews on the Play store for this app. Various complaints about the battery hog issue.

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If you recently updated ATT's Locker app, uninstall the update. The latest update was a battery hog. It managed to drain my battery at the end of the day even when I have never used the app. Check the reviews on the Play store for this app. Various complaints about the battery hog issue.

I suspected that was it, how to find the update?

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Find the app in Application Manager. Go to Settings and scroll down to Application Manager. Find the app, and there should be an uninstall update button in the options.

thanks, I did that last night suspecting that was the culprit, seems to have worked. Gallery doesn't even show up in battery now. I also checked syncing, it seemed that Dropbox was having a problem syncing which my camera shots get uploaded to dropbox immediately.

Not sure which caused my problem but thanks, looks like it was one of the two. I suspect it was the syncing and At&t locker both acting up.
For now it seems to be gone, I'll keep checking today to see if the problem returns, I had horrible battery life the last two days.

I have ordered Nexus 4, should be here in a week or so, I'll use it too on a straighttalk account and see which phone I like best, it will be hard though to beat this Note 2.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help
LMaui

sooby77

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
thanks, I did that last night suspecting that was the culprit, seems to have worked. Gallery doesn't even show up in battery now. I also checked syncing, it seemed that Dropbox was having a problem syncing which my camera shots get uploaded to dropbox immediately.

Not sure which caused my problem but thanks, looks like it was one of the two. I suspect it was the syncing and At&t locker both acting up.
For now it seems to be gone, I'll keep checking today to see if the problem returns, I had horrible battery life the last two days.

I have ordered Nexus 4, should be here in a week or so, I'll use it too on a straighttalk account and see which phone I like best, it will be hard though to beat this Note 2.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help
LMaui

Don't forget to turn off auto-update in the Play store for ATT Locker. Otherwise it will update it again.

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 is back to normal, been good for two days in a row now.

It is also important as mentioned earlier to go into the Play store settings and turn off auto update for At&t Locker otherwise it will happen all over again.

I love this phone, awesome battery life and everything else about it. I do not like the Amoled screen outside, it is nearly impossible to see here in the bright Hawaiian sunlight. That is why I have ordered a Nexus 4, a different kind of phone in a way but that screen will look better in the sunlight here. I bought a T-mobile sim and a straighttalk account for it and will run both side by side for a month and see which I like (or I might keep both). I'll keep my favorite and sell the other. Gazelle gave me $279 for my Galaxy S3 so I'll probably sell one of these two after i decide.

Looking forward to the Nexus 4, but loving my Note 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non