Multi view update on December 27th!

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
That is not the right file dcjr99. Also, AT&T installer app is what controls the delivery of the update. The moving clock will no longer get you the update as the server through that app detected too many pings on it. Just wait for time to countdown. I have 80 hours left.

dcjr99

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
yup kinda of figured that out too but we all like to have a clean phone... lol. Guess I'll just hang out for another 48 hrs. Very odd though.

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Reboot the phone into download mode, (with phone off, hold vol down, power and the center button; at the option screen, press volume up). If it did not raise the flash counter, it will read:

Custom binary download: NO
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official

If it says anything else, your warranty is out the window :D

Mine is good with those numbers after manual install :)

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Tezz, this update isn't being pushed to phones, which in my opinion, it should have been and we would not all be on this thread. You have to wait for countdown timer (under check for updates) to countdown to zero, then press check for updates again.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Because the device is totally unusable without multiwindow...
You are so wrong. My original Galaxy Note did not have it. I paid out of pocket for that phone and it was great! I do feel that for the money I paid for the Note 2, though, I am entitled to have what is made for it. I also pay AT&T more than I paid Sprint and on Sprint I had "unlimited everything" for a not too exorbitant price. They never wanted to "control" updates either.

Last edited:

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Tezz, this update isn't being pushed to phones, which in my opinion, it should have been and we would not all be on this thread. You have to wait for countdown timer (under check for updates) to countdown to zero, then press check for updates again.
I been waiting on this countdown stuff since I got the phone.......I've waitied.....I change the date and time......I factory reset my phone 5 times already....so im jus totally lost.....

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings, About Device on the bottom of the list, then click on first option. check for software updates. There is a countdown timer there, that if no update is available, a timer will tell you when you can check again.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You are so wrong. My original Galaxy Note did not have it. I paid out of pocket for that phone and it was great! I do feel that for the money I paid for the Note 2, though, I am entitled to have what is made for it. I also pay AT&T more than I paid Sprint and on Sprint I had "unlimited everything" for a not too exorbitant price. They never wanted to "control" updates either.

But you bought the phone WITHOUT the feature. If you seriously bought a phone for one feature, salesmen must love you. Still in my OG Note, and we're supposedly getting it too. Do I need it? No. I doubt I'll even use it and honestly doubt you will after the first week as well.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Changing the date and time is what pushed your countdown timer to outrageous numbers to begin with. Wait for timer to count down, then hit check for updates again, but not until then.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
That is not up to you to decide what I will and won't use. ATandT should have pushed the update to phones and we would all not be discussing this now. Please do not speak for me. I had the original Galaxy Note also, and I did not know they were going to add this feature to the Galaxy Note 2, as only Europe had it on their phones. If they chose to add it, I am entitled to it, as is everyone here.

Last edited:

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
That is not up to you to decide what I will and won't use. ATandT should have pushed the update to phones and we would all not be discussing this now. Please do not speak for me.

But you did buy a phone that did NOT have said feature at launch, correct?

Also, assumptions are just that, assumptions. Going to assume multiwindow will not or is not a life changing feature. Truth hurts.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and when a NEW FEATURE comes out, I am entitled to it in a timely fashion. Please do NOT speak for me. Doing so is presumptuous. You are happy with things as they are, and that is your prerogative. This discussion is at an end as it serves no purpose. :)

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings, About Device on the bottom of the list, then click on first option. check for software updates. There is a countdown timer there, that if no update is available, a timer will tell you when you can check again.
thats what im sayin.....its been sayin the same thing since December 1 when I got the phone so idk what else to do......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty