Cleanrom 1.2 wifi hotspot

Turb02

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it natively setup to bypass the built in hotspot? In other words, if I use the one that came in the rom (in the notification slide down area) will this activate the Att tethering plan?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Note 2, disregard any grammatical errors.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it natively setup to bypass the built in hotspot? In other words, if I use the one that came in the rom (in the notification slide down area) will this activate the Att tethering plan?
Thanks in advance.
I use cleanrom for vzw and when i use the verizon hotspot app i am not getting charged. i imagine its the same for AT&T

Turb02

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this info. Anyone on att that can confirm? Is there a default password?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I use cleanrom for vzw and when i use the verizon hotspot app i am not getting charged. i imagine its the same for AT&T

You can get free hotspot with verizon anyways right? Are you on unlimited plan?

Verizon has a deal with the fcc in place. They got some spectrum on the cheap so long as they dedicated it to hotspot technology. As long as you arent on unlimited you can use it for free. If you are on a 2gb plan or more then you can call verizon and they can enable it on your plan at no charge.

I have att so I have to do it through other means.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Official answer - no, you can use the feature in your ROM without a tethering plan.

To unofficially answer your question, with CleanROM tethering works using your phones hardware. AT@T can packet analyze and see it, they do not have the means to watch every account. Therefore unless you begin abusing the privilege, 90% of us get away with it without a tethering plan. If you start using 15 GB per month versus the 2-3 GB that you normally use, it sends up a red flag and you will begin to be watched. They will send you txts and emails if they find you tethering without a plan. Worse case - they catch you and automatically add tethering to your bill at their normal price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress