Fb photo syncing issue

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I turn my wifi on, my fb photos show up in my gallery. I've deselected syncing in both the phone
settings and fb settings. I've even gone to the phone settings and unchecked the box that says sync photos over wifi and I went back to it and the box was checked again. How do I stop my phone from adding all my fb photos to my phone once it's using wifi and is the fact that it rechecked the box a glitch or is there another step to take to save that change?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried to sync FB photos (and now I don't even want to test it!), but when you go to the FB setting to turn off the Sync Photos option, what does the screen look like? Can you scroll down and find an "Accept" or "Save" button? Or do you just have to back out of that settings screen?

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never tried to sync FB photos (and now I don't even want to test it!), but when you go to the FB setting to turn off the Sync Photos option, what does the screen look like? Can you scroll down and find an "Accept" or "Save" button? Or do you just have to back out of that settings screen?

I had to back out of the screen. It didn't give me the option to save it. I googled and found a suggestion to delete the app and reinstall it and don't sync anything. Apparently once you do, it syncs even the things you told it not to sync. Between the time I posted this post and about an hour ago, I had gone into the settings, applications, gallery and cleared the data/cache and it had come back in that short time span. It wasn't doing it as frequently as it did today but I noticed that it was happening more often than not. When it syncs the photos, it takes forever for the gallery to open just to view the pics I had taken with the camera. The unfortunate part is that I enjoy having my contacts fb photo next to their information but not if it means I have to also deal with 6,000 photos in my photo gallery. I also didn't see an option to save the photos to my SD card so it wouldn't put so much stress on the internal memory.

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone to Settings, Accounts, and click on Facebook. You should have two options to select. 1 is your account name. 2 The is Sync Interval Settings. In your account make sure Gallery is not selected. I don't select any in here as I manually sync my contacts in Facebook. Next check the Sync Interval Settings. Make sure all of them show None instead of an hourly time frame.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had to back out of the screen. It didn't give me the option to save it. I googled and found a suggestion to delete the app and reinstall it and don't sync anything. Apparently once you do, it syncs even the things you told it not to sync. Between the time I posted this post and about an hour ago, I had gone into the settings, applications, gallery and cleared the data/cache and it had come back in that short time span. It wasn't doing it as frequently as it did today but I noticed that it was happening more often than not. When it syncs the photos, it takes forever for the gallery to open just to view the pics I had taken with the camera. The unfortunate part is that I enjoy having my contacts fb photo next to their information but not if it means I have to also deal with 6,000 photos in my photo gallery. I also didn't see an option to save the photos to my SD card so it wouldn't put so much stress on the internal memory.

Editorial note: I hate the Facebook app. Google+ is so much smoother! End Editorial.

Does the Note 2 have some other proprietary Facebook app from Samsung that is separate from the full app? Like some Social Networking Hub that allows you to post things to FB, Twitter, etc. all at the same time? Maybe

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone to Settings, Accounts, and click on Facebook. You should have two options to select. 1 is your account name. 2 The is Sync Interval Settings. In your account make sure Gallery is not selected. I don't select any in here as I manually sync my contacts in Facebook. Next check the Sync Interval Settings. Make sure all of them show None instead of an hourly time frame.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Android Central Forums

I tried that and all of my settings were the same but no sooner than I did that, the pictures popped up anyway.

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Editorial note: I hate the Facebook app. Google+ is so much smoother! End Editorial.

Does the Note 2 have some other proprietary Facebook app from Samsung that is separate from the full app? Like some Social Networking Hub that allows you to post things to FB, Twitter, etc. all at the same time? Maybe

If the note 2 does have a proprietary app, I haven't found it. As far as I know, the fb app is all there is unless I root the phone and I am not interested in doing that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
They were my albums only but I have quite a few on my fb page so there's well over 50 albums that sync. I'll check out the manual. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer