sync is currently experiencing problems ERROR

Rlg4444

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the forum but I hope someone can help me :0) I started getting this error "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly" on my Samsung Note about 2 days ago. I've tried everything even the dreaded system reset. Ugggh any help would be great. Everything was working great and this just happened out of the blue. I'm stumped.

I would appreciate any help..

Last edited:

npyle

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it only with the Twitter contacts sync? All my other accoutns sync properly--including non-contact stuff from Twitter. It's only the contact sync. In reading some other forum posts, looks like it's a wide spread Twitter for Android probably--not just on the Note.

Rlg4444

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I uninstalled Twitter and Facebook before I did my factory reset and I'm still having issues. 70% of my contacts have synced to my phone but not the rest and they also are not updating when I make changes.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So you did a factory data reset and the problem still exists? That's really strange, honestly. I've had that error before but a simple restart fixed it.

Try only syncing one thing at a time. Like calendar, then contacts, and see if you only get the error with one of them, or all of them.

Rlg4444

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Now all my calendar entries are not syncing. I know it's not my phone because I have another Droid X on Verizon and I'm having the same thing is happening.. Uggh. I'll probably get hate responses but thank god for my Iphone or I wouldn't have my contacts or calendar synced at all.

wcd350

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
any solutions, my contacts have not synced since april? still getting the sync having problems, it will be back shortly

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue. This is what resolved the problem for me.

Go to "Settings". Select "Applications".
Select "Manage Applications".
Scroll down to "Contacts Storage"
Click on "Clear Data"

Go back to to "Settings" again and in "Data Synchronization"
resync by pressing "Synchronize Now"

larysius

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a little old, and I do not have the tablet, I have a samsung galaxy s2, but I thought I would share my experience with this error.

my particular error came from the contacts not syncing. Everything else would sync fine. It turns out that, so far to date, it was because I was adding phone numbers and contacts through a third party contact application. In this case, it was "go contacts".

when I added a contact through the native contacts application, everything would sync fine. As of today that is still holding true. so feel free to pass the info along to anyone who may be experiencing similar problem, perhaps this may be of help to them.

Larry

Christopher Patton1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Recently I began using Google's 2-step verification security for my phone. I had no idea it was causing sync problems until I back tracked everything I did with my phone. So I turned of the 2-step verification and my Google Voice started syncing again.