Need to root for ICS leak?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Note and am getting it some time very soon but I'm wondering if I need to root to get the ICS leak on my phone and what the risks, pros, cons, and methods of updating my phone to the official version once it comes out will be. Can someone provide me with links or just flat out explain it on here? I really don't wanna void the warranty for good, I wanna be able to return to stock if something goes wrong with hardware. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: JU_ON_373

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Note and am getting it some time very soon but I'm wondering if I need to root to get the ICS leak on my phone and what the risks, pros, cons, and methods of updating my phone to the official version once it comes out will be. Can someone provide me with links or just flat out explain it on here? I really don't wanna void the warranty for good, I wanna be able to return to stock if something goes wrong with hardware. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Depending on the route you take. You can ODIN flash the ICS leak without having to root your phone. The other route involves, Root, CWM, and flashing of the leak.

Check out this site: RootGalaxyNote.com - Your Source for Galaxy Note Root!

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I've had my Note for almost 2 weeks now and I've wondered the same thing. Also, how heard/easy is it to screw up your phone if you root it? How do you return it back to it's original state? What are the benefits of rooting? Does rooting void your warranty?

Right now I am still willing to wait for the official ICS release.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Good question. I've had my Note for almost 2 weeks now and I've wondered the same thing. Also, how heard/easy is it to screw up your phone if you root it? How do you return it back to it's original state? What are the benefits of rooting? Does rooting void your warranty?

Right now I am still willing to wait for the official ICS release.

It's pretty difficult to totally screw it up because if you do. All you have to do is ODIN flash the factory image and you're back to bone stock out of the box AT&T Android.

Rooting does void your warranty. Depending on the method you use it also trips a Samsung flash counter that is supposedly used by them to know if you've modified the system and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89