I want a Galaxy Note

jerryjerryjerry

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
...but I can't imagine carrying around a phone THAT big in my pocket. I'd also feel like a power nerd whipping out a giant tablet-sized phone in public.

How do you guys deal with that and the short battery life?

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I carry mine in my pocket. When I pull it out everyone says man, that thing is huge. Doesn't bother me a bit when people see it.

As for battery life, I have to charge mine half way through the day so I have a charger at work. Not a big deal to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CTREV21

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to take the wind out of your sail, but I get great battery life with my Note. Over 9 hours most days. Airport bouncing is less of course. It fits in my pocket just fine thanks.

herculesinwyoming

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The note is the perfect size, I am not a very heavy user and i usually make it through the day on one charge, i do have a couple days a week where i have to charge it after 8 hours.
I had some battery life issues after ics update, but i spent some time and got the phone doing much better now.
No way i want a smaller phone now!

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to take the wind out of your sail, but I get great battery life with my Note. Over 9 hours most days. Airport bouncing is less of course. It fits in my pocket just fine thanks.

No wind out of my sail. I use my phone 10 hours out of my 11 hour work day. My phone is a big part of my business and I usually have to by an extended battery. On my days off my battery will last about 9 hours.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re: I want a Galaxy Note

...but I can't imagine carrying around a phone THAT big in my pocket. I'd also feel like a power nerd whipping out a giant tablet-sized phone in public.

How do you guys deal with that and the short battery life?

The Note is an all in one device so it's size makes perfect sense. Most people carry it in their pocket just fine(personally I use a belt pouch), but you have to remember that it's not a mere smartphone, so you shouldn't expect to use, carry, or interact with the device the same as you would a smartphone.

If all you want is a smartphone then I recommend the Gs3, Nexus, or the One x. The Note is for people who desire an all in one device they can use as a phone, tablet, and note pad.

I use mine all day at work during business meetings for note taking and for texting my kids, wife, friends, and colleagues. At lunch I use it for reading ebooks via Kindle, and at home I watch movies and You Tube videos.

I have a desk charger at work and home, car charger in my vehicle, and I carry a spare battery in my wallet just in case. However, the battery life is fairly good and I can take it off the charger around 7am, and by 2 or 3 I need a boost for the remainder of the day.

I'd say go get you one and see for yourself. Until you get it; sometimes you just don't get it.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Last edited:

rescuedude92

May 26, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy note at time will go a day and a half before needing to charge it. I carry a travel charger with me for work, a ProClipUSA car charger, and 2 extra chargers at home not including charging from my PC via the data cable. I purchased the Note for the reason of a phone and tablet in one. I'm coming from the Blackberry OS. Not sure what i want to do with my 16gb playbook though!

RescueDude92

Breadman

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I wanted a Galaxy Note also. I had been using an iPhone 4s and thought that would never change. I tried the Note and almost immediately fell in love with it. I m a heavy user with lots of note taking and so far the battery has not been an issue. My only regret is that I did not get the Note sooner...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
How smooth is the OS on the Note? I saw one in person but I really haven't had the pleasure of actually playing with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
How smooth is the OS on the Note? I saw one in person but I really haven't had the pleasure of actually playing with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

its smooth. The phones on display at the AT&T stores usually have a lot of apps opened so they will seem sluggish. You should go see it in the store but ask the attendant to close all the apps so that you can truely see the smoothness of the phone.

I sold my iPhone 4S and got the note a few weeks ago and I am happy.

amylyn1970

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone 4, I absolutely love my Note. Wouldn't go back. I love the size. The screen is awesome! I bought a spare battery for the days when I use it for Netflix and reading. Other days I can go until the next day before needing to charge it. Phone isn't sluggish at all. Very smooth. Best phone I have owned & I have owned a lot!!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife uses an iPhone 4S and a iPad and she used my Note for a day.
Afterwards she said something that kind of sums up the two.
She said the iPhone is a phone with internet access, The Note is a computer with a phone.
She wants one now :D

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I think that when they scaled up the screen size, they also scaled the physical size of the battery because the big screen takes more power. My battery life is great for what I do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I think that you have to want the note. Yes, it is a larger device, but to compare it to another phone is very difficult. For some like myself, with larger hands,a regular phone is a pain.. That is why i originally looked at the note.

But once i had it, there's no going back. Some may not understand, but as another person said, until you have t tried one for a few days, you really do not know.

It's definitely not justa phone, and the battery life for me (coming from a bionic, Atrix,x2) is actually surprisingly the same at least when i am not watching videos or plugged into wifi all day, so as long as you have a spare charger, you will be fine....

I look at even my wives one x and i find it annoying now. The software is indeed smooth on both gingerbread and now sandwich.. I couldn't think if possibly going back to a phone...

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would never want a smaller phone. I use QuickOffice, a suite compatible with Microsoft office and I've only found a few things it can't do, like mail merges. You can see other posts from me on the use of the S pen. As for the size, it only feels awkward for a few minutes, then it just becomes perfect. You can actually read things on the net, see details on videos. I often find the button on sites to switch to normal or classic view so that all the options and features are available as if I was on my computer. If your concerns about the size are based on reviews rather than actually holding one and using one, I urge you to go find one and experience it. If you believe the reviewers that said you'll get laughed at when using it as a phone, DON'T believe them. You'll gets lots of envious comments and folks wanting to know how to get one and answering questions about what it can do. As for battery life, My battery lasts all day but I doubt I use it as much as you do. However, for times I run low, I keep a charger at the office, one in the car for emergencies. I bought a battery charger with two hyperion spare batteries. I always carry one that has a full charge with me just in case . I deleted a few apps were really draining the battery, weather that was constantly updating, a few others. Sometimes it acts sluggish and I'll use the task manager to clear ram. I'm not sure what closes but it always fixes it. I think you'd love a Note and the possibility of carrying two extra spare batteries should cover your use if car or electric chargers aren't convenient.

Reactions: DAS

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would never want a smaller phone. I use QuickOffice, a suite compatible with Microsoft office and I've only found a few things it can't do, like mail merges. You can see other posts from me on the use of the S pen. As for the size, it only feels awkward for a few minutes, then it just becomes perfect. You can actually read things on the net, see details on videos. I often find the button on sites to switch to normal or classic view so that all the options and features are available as if I was on my computer. If your concerns about the size are based on reviews rather than actually holding one and using one, I urge you to go find one and experience it. If you believe the reviewers that said you'll get laughed at when using it as a phone, DON'T believe them. You'll gets lots of envious comments and folks wanting to know how to get one and answering questions about what it can do. As for battery life, My battery lasts all day but I doubt I use it as much as you do. However, for times I run low, I keep a charger at the office, one in the car for emergencies. I bought a battery charger with two hyperion spare batteries. I always carry one that has a full charge with me just in case . I deleted a few apps were really draining the battery, weather that was constantly updating, a few others. Sometimes it acts sluggish and I'll use the task manager to clear ram. I'm not sure what closes but it always fixes it. I think you'd love a Note and the possibility of carrying two extra spare batteries should cover your use if car or electric chargers aren't convenient.

This is a great post.

Reactions: J HighNote

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I want one sooooooooo badly too but i can't cuz verizon doesn't offer it... waiting for the note 2 to come out.... can't waitttt!! carrying it around isnt much of an issue for me because I carry a purse so.... i actually want one because of the size of the screen. for the women who have the note, is it hard to use as a phone because the grip is too big?? my hands are pretty small so that's the only thing i'm a bit nervous about.. no matter how much i love a phone, won't be buying if I can't USE it as a phone.. :p

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I want one sooooooooo badly too but i can't cuz verizon doesn't offer it... waiting for the note 2 to come out.... can't waitttt!! carrying it around isnt much of an issue for me because I carry a purse so.... i actually want one because of the size of the screen. for the women who have the note, is it hard to use as a phone because the grip is too big?? my hands are pretty small so that's the only thing i'm a bit nervous about.. no matter how much i love a phone, won't be buying if I can't USE it as a phone.. :p

The biggest mistake you will make is trying to use, carry, or interact with the device as a mere smartphone. The Note is the best all in one (phone /tablet) device on the market and must be seen in that way to fully appreciate it.

I contend that if it's a smartphone you want then get the gs3, galaxy Nexus or OneX. The Note is more for people who want the functionality of a smartphone, the screen size and usefulness of a tablet, and the convenience of an electronic note pad.

To think of the Note in any other way will surely bring on disappointment. IMHO. :)

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm a woman, 5'3", trust me, the Note is not too big! I have a folder/wallet type cover and love it. It's protected whether in my purse or I'm shlepping around my garden. The Note grips very comfortably when in my hand as a phone. The other way the Note is perfect for women is that the S pen let's us write notes to convert to text or tap keys and our long nails don't get in the way! Back when the Note was first reviewed and it kept being talked about as a "niche" only phone, I wanted to scream that the female population that wanted a smart phone that does everything is not such a small niche! (Don't tell the men, we don't want them to realize they have a girly phone, rofl.)