Did Anyone "Abandon Ship" And Get A Diff Phone Today"?

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I?m holding out, I just love the design of the phone and I have a signal strength device from AT&T in my house. Otherwise I would go for Sprint in a heartbeat.

kevinchaos

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a different phone and waiting for the gsII to exchange it. I have a 45 day return policy with no restocking fee, and I currently have an iPhone 4. I want an android phone so badly though, and I really wanted this phone to be my first. Any suggestions?

jonesy817

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I was really thinking about switching carriers just to get the SGS II (been waiting for it since Feb) but I'm gonna stay on AT&T and hope that it comes out by next Sunday. If not, then I'll just wait for the Nexus Prime or the Atrix 2/HD.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I jumped ship today. Im typing this from my galaxy s2 on sprint... They have a 14 day policy so we'll see if att gets their stuff together. This phone is beyond gorgeous.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a different phone and waiting for the gsII to exchange it. I have a 45 day return policy with no restocking fee, and I currently have an iPhone 4. I want an android phone so badly though, and I really wanted this phone to be my first. Any suggestions?

I have a suggestion (coming from spending a year with The Vibrant (the 1st wave of SGS) Beg, borrow, steal or do whateva u gotta do, but DO get this phone. It doesn't disappoint and just keeps on giving and i am sure for ur FIRST Android device you will be jazzed for many many months to come : )

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I jumped ship today. Im typing this from my galaxy s2 on sprint... They have a 14 day policy so we'll see if att gets their stuff together. This phone is beyond gorgeous.

Yup, its nice alright, and if Sprints signal is good in ur area, you may decide to just stay with them. I currently have their EVO 4G on the Sprint network, and my monthly bill is low low low, never an overage, and great Customer Service too... i just have poor coverage, plus the SGS ET is just a tad too large for my liking.... But if ur content with its size, might just be worth it for u to keep it. Its an awesome device, plastic be danged! : )

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't abandon ship yet but I'm thinking of getting the infuse because of the price drop.

Infuse is an awesome device, no lag whatsoever, i had it rooted, 3e modded recovery installed and running like a charm within an hour of getting it, S.O.C. worked perfect on it, UNLIKE our SGS II, it will be a little more difficult to root.

I think the Infuse is DEFINITELY the next best thing, (in some ways BETTER: cheaper, available NOW, and if u were jealous of Sprints getting the larger unit, this device is perfect for you.) It is sooo quick, screen 100% responsive, can't say enough good things about it, i think you will love it to pieces. I loved it, and with the squared off corners the design was beautful which is why i am so glad the AT&T SGSII looks exactly like it just more "girley sized" : )

When i found out the ATT version of SGSII was the 4.3 inch size, i returned my Infuse and decided to wait, but not a day goes by that i haven't missed that phone : )

BTC

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an infuse purchased back on 9/5. I am waiting until the end of this month to see if the SGSII comes out on ATT. At that time I will deal with the price drop and device swap. No other Android device right now beats the Infuse.

dmb219

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for the SGSII from AT&T all summer, was going to add a line to my wife's account. I've thought about getting the Infuse to hold me over but with the delays, I'm glad I waited. If Verizon comes out with a better phone first, I'm going there. My employer discount makes the cost about the same. I thought about going to Sprint, but I have a Virgin Mobile phone which uses their network and coverage is not very good in my area, especially my commute to work.

rdk14

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't abandon ship yet but I'm thinking of getting the infuse because of the price drop.

FYI if you are part of Costco, they have the Infuse for $129.99. They also give you 60 days to return a phone. ... If you in need a holdover phone until the G S 2 shows up.

tronthedon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought about going to Sprint, but I have a Virgin Mobile phone which uses their network and coverage is not very good in my area, especially my commute to work.

Don't judge the Sprint network based on the Virgin Mobile network. Yes VM uses Sprint as their provider, but they don't include the roaming (which increases Sprint's coverage a crapload and is free).

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
i thought about it. i looked on my upgrade options online and they're offering the samsung infuse to me for free.

Me too. Going to go into the store today to see if they will honor the online free price. Want to make sure they keep my unlimited data if I decide to just get the Infuse.

A lot of people are ditching the iPhone 4 for the GS2 (myself included). Maybe it really is an iPhone killer. I've had an iPhone since 2008 personally and just feel it's time for a change.

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the International version of the Galaxy S II off newegg for $600 since the price dropped a bit since the US announcement. I was hoping for the 18th but it seems like it is possibly pushed back til October so I pulled the trigger on that. I am going to use my upgrade on the next iPhone and sell that for a quick profit and pay off the Galaxy S II.

It really does suck that AT&T is missing this window of opportunity to probably get some more sales out of the device since it sat nicely out of the next iPhone's hype but I am pretty sure the Apple invitations are coming out soon and the Galaxy S II is going to the back burner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana