Galaxy Nexus Visual Voicemail part of ICS or GNex only?

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus demonstrated a cool visual voicemail feature similar to that used on the iPhone (which handles that very well). I have had an iPhone for two years and don't think I could handle going back to having to call in to listen to my voicemail.

I am wanting to upgrade to either the Galaxy S2 (or maybe the Skyrocket) or the Galaxy Nexus whenever I become eligible in December. At that point, if we didn't have any more information on the Galaxy Nexus being available for AT&T then I was going to go ahead and get one of the S2 models.

Now that I have noticed the voicemail issue though, I want to know if the Galaxy S2 will get the visual voicemail shown on the Galaxy Nexus once it gets ICS. Really, I was not sure which features were part of the Nexus and which were part of ICS (such as the zero shutter lag and panoramic camera mode). If the S2 will get these features then I will go along with my existing plan, but if not then I think I will give the Galaxy Nexus until January or February before I make my final decision.

Long story short, I am wanting to know if ICS will bring visual voicemail to the SGS2.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
google voice already gives you visual voice mail.
as for zero shutter lag that may be a nexus thing. i actually think thats why they chose the 5mp instead of 8mp camera.... but the panorama will probably be a new camera function since its most software stiching things together. but it could have something to do with the zero shutter lag as well, we dont really know. but these are my best guesses for now

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus demonstrated a cool visual voicemail feature similar to that used on the iPhone (which handles that very well). I have had an iPhone for two years and don't think I could handle going back to having to call in to listen to my voicemail.

I am wanting to upgrade to either the Galaxy S2 (or maybe the Skyrocket) or the Galaxy Nexus whenever I become eligible in December. At that point, if we didn't have any more information on the Galaxy Nexus being available for AT&T then I was going to go ahead and get one of the S2 models.

Now that I have noticed the voicemail issue though, I want to know if the Galaxy S2 will get the visual voicemail shown on the Galaxy Nexus once it gets ICS. Really, I was not sure which features were part of the Nexus and which were part of ICS (such as the zero shutter lag and panoramic camera mode). If the S2 will get these features then I will go along with my existing plan, but if not then I think I will give the Galaxy Nexus until January or February before I make my final decision.

Long story short, I am wanting to know if ICS will bring visual voicemail to the SGS2.

T-mobile's S2 already has the VV and ATT's will have it in the rocket from what I understand.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is a pure stock Android experience. That means that anything you saw on it is a feature of ICS and not just the Nexus. I will say that some of the camera stuff MIGHT be dependent on the hardware, but we won't know that until some phones that shipped with Gingerbread get ICS on it.

Also remember that a carrier can do anything they want to a phone (except the Nexus) before it ships, so the VVM could get taken out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress