official release is here

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Getting on my end that 2.3.6 is the latest firmware. I updated my Kies first, then got my phone to sync up no problem but again... still no update. Kind of BS.

dweb1024

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Samsung galaxy customer support
All the lady could say was it hasn't been released yet. When I told her it notified me that there was a firmware update she told me that i shouldn't put anything unofficial on my phone.....wtf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

namichael

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Samsung galaxy customer support
All the lady could say was it hasn't been released yet. When I told her it notified me that there was a firmware update she told me that i shouldn't put anything unofficial on my phone.....wtf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

The person on the Samsung Live Chat told me basically the same thing. He said that it hasn't been released yet.

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
This sucks!!! I can't figure this Kies garbage out. All it shows are the pics and songs, etc. I don't see any way of updating anywhere. I really like my S2SR, but the experience over this ics debacle is infuriating me!!!

Duality84

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? like you can have Kies downloaded on a Mac, but it won't update via mac? If that is true, it is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

I agree, my operating system should have nothing to do with it. Why make official Kies software for Macs if it won't be supported to update phones; that makes not a lick of sense.

mulasien

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This sucks!!! I can't figure this Kies garbage out. All it shows are the pics and songs, etc. I don't see any way of updating anywhere. I really like my S2SR, but the experience over this ics debacle is infuriating me!!!

You're probably using Kies AIR from your phone. That doesn't work. You have to download the Kies application from Samsung's website, and connect via USB cable.

BTW, says I'm on latest version (2.3.6) as well. /sadface

gregfortune

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Bad BAD style to pull the new page :( I spent 15 minutes trying to find the page to see if it was a leak/mistake and the page was gone. They really ought to have updated the post with relevant info.

Duality84

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
well i guess this means it was leaked yet again...my thoughts are now that the "official-official" release must not be far off, maybe tomorrow or Friday, maybe next week

unforgiven

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
If this was a leak, then what in the heck did I just install with Kies that said it was a firmware upgrade. It says I now have Android version 4.0.3. It looks different in a lot of ways but doesn't seem to have everything that I search on for ICS features.

gregfortune

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If this was a leak, then what in the heck did I just install with Kies that said it was a firmware upgrade. It says I now have Android version 4.0.3. It looks different in a lot of ways but doesn't seem to have everything that I search on for ICS features.

It's likely an official release that wasn't ready yet and someone flipped a switch too early. Thankfully, I haven't read of anyone bricking a phone with that release (earlier AT&T leaks had a really serious bug that would brick phones so hopefully they got that fixed).

bellington74

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Some posters on Engadget are reporting issues with updating via Kies. It is forcing them to perform an emergency firmware recovery, and then hangs. Not sure if its bricking them or not, and so far I am not seeing any reports of the eMMC superbrick bug either. The update is not there for me via OTA or Kies. I talked to both AT&T and Samsung, and both flat out denied the update was officially available, and stated they woudl not offer support on "un-official software". Who knows whats going on.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
*****I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR PHONE******

For those that missed the update leak... here's a way to get it without rooting because this really WAS the offical, signed update from AT&T and Samsung they just flipped the switch too early.

Download the firmware from here: SamMobile Firmware Page

Download Odin3 1.85 from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=odin%203%201.85&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D581913%26d%3D1304094576&ei=agbjT5__F5SI8QSE7vyFCA&usg=AFQjCNF7sF0f2yJp0IxHp1ISlP2fzGKhtw

Factory reset is not required, root not required.

I'm not going to explain how to use odin or how to flash roms but you get the picture. I've confirmed that this method does indeed work because my phone is running 4.0.3 right now and I missed the update last night.

I'll be heading to work soon so I won't be able to give updates on stability until I get home but from what I'm reading on engadget and XDA it's a pretty stable release.

Screenshot_2012-06-21-07-38-13.png

webbie2

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone is experiencing the same issue. For some reason they say they pushed it to kies and they didn't. Everyone's says that our devices are up to date. I plugged my wife's phone in (2.3.4, she didn't update because she did not want battery issues) and it said its not supported. SO we know it has to be 2.3.6 to go to 4.0.3 but its not letting us. Also when I re downloaded kies it says they are doing maintenance on kies on Friday the 22nd from 8 am to 11pm and firmware upgrades will no be available. I feel like if for some reason it comes out it wont be till next week sometime.

Raien

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
*****I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR PHONE******

For those that missed the update leak... here's a way to get it without rooting because this really WAS the offical, signed update from AT&T and Samsung they just flipped the switch too early.

Download the firmware from here: SamMobile Firmware Page

Download Odin3 1.85 from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=odin%203%201.85&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D581913%26d%3D1304094576&ei=agbjT5__F5SI8QSE7vyFCA&usg=AFQjCNF7sF0f2yJp0IxHp1ISlP2fzGKhtw

Factory reset is not required, root not required.

I'm not going to explain how to use odin or how to flash roms but you get the picture. I've confirmed that this method does indeed work because my phone is running 4.0.3 right now and I missed the update last night.

I'll be heading to work soon so I won't be able to give updates on stability until I get home but from what I'm reading on engadget and XDA it's a pretty stable release.

Click to view quoted image

Tried flashing it with Odin; my phone won't take it.Is there something special you had to do to get it to push?

I put the phone to download, kicked the file into the pda window and hit start; and it just hung up.

No damage to the phone (No brick).. Just want to get ICS on my phone and be done.