Screwed?

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the other day I pretty much bricked my phone, but through sheer luck - I'd like to boost my self-esteem and call it skill - I managed to revive my phone. However... I messed up. See my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, model i777, but the image I flashed onto my phone was for a model GT-I9100.

So I think it's an easy fix, and I try going into download mode: the standard for i777 is VolUp + VolDown + Power Button. Doesn't work. I look it up online and I find out that the download mode for GT-I9100 is VolDown/Up (I forget) + Power + HOME (WHICH MY PHONE DOESN'T HAVE). Even more, my back button and search button don't work; the "home button" functions as the back button at this point.

All in all, I've managed to flash a GT-I9100 to an i777. Is there any way to get into download mode and reverse this?

-a desperate wizard

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well the other day I pretty much bricked my phone, but through sheer luck - I'd like to boost my self-esteem and call it skill - I managed to revive my phone. However... I messed up. See my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2, model i777, but the image I flashed onto my phone was for a model GT-I9100.

So I think it's an easy fix, and I try going into download mode: the standard for i777 is VolUp + VolDown + Power Button. Doesn't work. I look it up online and I find out that the download mode for GT-I9100 is VolDown/Up (I forget) + Power + HOME (WHICH MY PHONE DOESN'T HAVE). Even more, my back button and search button don't work; the "home button" functions as the back button at this point.

All in all, I've managed to flash a GT-I9100 to an i777. Is there any way to get into download mode and reverse this?

-a desperate wizard

Adb shell
#reboot download

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: asopey

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Adb shell
#reboot download

Alright thanks, I'll try it. I have a feeling, though, that I'm going to lose all my masculinity in the process.

-a somewhat relieved wizard

Edit:
Okay the tutorials online are straight up convoluted. I need a guide in laymans terms to set up adb.

-a dumb wizard

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Alright thanks, I'll try it. I have a feeling, though, that I'm going to lose all my masculinity in the process.

-a somewhat relieved wizard

Edit:
Okay the tutorials online are straight up convoluted. I need a guide in laymans terms to set up adb.

-a dumb wizard

I'm in class right now. When I get home ill post easy adb.zip. just unzip in c:/ and that's it.. gimme an hour. Or google "adb unzip in c drive". There should be a link there.
Then open cmd
Cd c:/adb
Adb devices
Should say ###### device
Then adb shell
A # should pop up
Then reboot download
Also u can reboot recovery (if u have a nandroid to restore)

Reactions: asopey

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, here I go.

-a great wizard

Edit:
Well the device is not being detected. I've tried using Kies, and the phone is stuck on "connecting." I tried connecting the phone to my computer - to no avail. USB Utilities -->Connect to Storage PC-->"Connect USB cable to use mass storage"-->Connect USB--> Window closes and nothing happens (no green dude like the usual i777.)
Command prompt is reading:
List of devices attached:

c:\adb>

- a confused wizard

Edit2:
Well, I managed to get the green dude to show up and now USB Storage is in use. Let's try this again.

-a hopeful wizard

Edot 3:
Okay, still no. Kies was finally able to read it, still no.

-an angry wizard D:<

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Also try reinstalling phone drivers... reboot pc... maybe both phone model drivers? Cause it needs a seperate adbdriver

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I had CWM on my phone - at least before everything screwed up (need to fix too. Call speakers and mic don't work. Will try reinstalling pc drivers. Piss.

>.>

-a wizard

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
c:\adb>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port #### *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

c:\adb>TIS SUCKS BAWSACK

-a displeased wizard

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY! I got it to show up. But then...

1|shell@ndroid:/ $ reboot download
\reboot: Operation not permitted
1|shell@ndroid:/ $ su reboot download
/system/bin/sh: su: not found

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

-a teased wizard

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
WOW. I'VE TRIED EVERY COMBINATION. AFTER SO MUCH FRUSTRATION I JUST STRAIGHT UP TRIED TO BREAK MY POWER BUTTON AND VOLUME DOWN BUTTON. IN THE PROCESS, I WENT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE.

-A WTF WIZARD

Well regardless, thanks so much for the help ciscogee! <3 <3 :)

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I now face a new dilemma >.> There are two simple things I have to do.

Turn my phone on into dlmode.
Get Odin to read it.

After successfully getting my phone into download mode, no matter what i did, Odin would NOT locate it. Even after 2 computer restarts. So I turned off my phone. To my dismay, I wasn't able to turn it on again - even when plugged into the charger. I took out the battery, put it back in, wouldn't turn on. Plugged in the charger, wouldn't turn on. ALL I HAVE TO DO. IS TURN IT ON AND GET ODIN TO READ IT. BUT I CAN'T. D;<

Phone won't turn on! No matter what key combo!

-a tired and stressed wizard

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm try:
Reinstall drivers, restart pc, plug usb in pc only
Take battery out
Hold button combo for dlmode, plug usb in phone.
Should boot dlmode

Odin will work will battery out just make sure auto restart or what ever is checked. Assumming odin pick up your phone.

And it may be a little as janky cord.

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
No luck. No boot. Battery doesn't work, screen's black. Tried button combos... Tried 2 USB cords... Dead brick IMO. I'm scared to JTAG :'{

-a great wizard faced with the android equivalent of Apollo 13

Edit: I remembered something about Odin repartitioning, then I closed Odin right as it started. ._. All this because I flashed the wrong damn .PIT file. >.<

-a straight up gaff wizard

Last edited:

asopey

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It's fine. If I had the means, I probably could have revived it with JTAG - but I don't. So I just sent it back to Samsung. It's a hefty fee, but I guess I learnt. Thanks for all the help ciscogee :). Really appreciate it.