Another defector

Cshama

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have used Apple products from the very beginning- and have bought every new apple gadget from the beginning of time. But now it's time to move on.

Apple used to have amazing customer service. Go for a swim and dunk your phone- no problem Apple would replace it for free.

With the soaring stock price they are no longer the cool company they once were - almost the opposite. Their cheesy stores and self loving "geniuses" are also getting long in the tooth. Basically they have become the new IBM.

I could take that but not when it comes with small screens, non removable batteries, restrictive software, tired design and a big dose of smugness.

Reactions: LadiJae

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android :)

You couldn't have come on board to Android with a better device.

Enjoy !

Muevelo

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree... the irony is that their revolution in 1984 ad was a call of revolution against the very thing they have become! The old IBM was locked down, proprietary, restrictive platform and you could only do it the way IBM wanted you to do it.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree... the irony is that their revolution in 1984 ad was a call of revolution against the very thing they have become! The old IBM was locked down, proprietary, restrictive platform and you could only do it the way IBM wanted you to do it.

Sure is ironic isn't it!? I always laugh at how they did a completely 180 and turned into authoritarian a-holes.

Rev.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I too was an Apple fan boy for a couple of years, though during that period, I had to exchange my iP3G no less than FIVE times for battery issues. It's never good when the Genius bar guys know you by your first name, LOL. That said, it's clear the Apple ecosystem is focused on one thing: Increasing the balance sheet at the customer's expense. Products are cool, but no longer cutting edge.

It's great to hear how many people are happy with the GS3 which in comparison to may of the posts in the HOX forum during early release is refreshing. It doesn't appear there are tons of issues with the GS3 as yet and there also seem to be TONS of Apple converts too.

And so far, it appears the new features in Jelly Bean kick some serious arse over iOS 6!

Watch out Apple.. Sammy and Android are going to whip it good!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was a long-time RIM owner and decided to try a new OS platform. I still have a 9900 for work and a Playbook. Not ready to completely cut ties.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Device

lizkren820

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Had apple my Whole Life. (My parents still have a working IIGS in their basement that I play with when I go home sometimes.)

But over the past five or more years I've been getting more and more fed up with the overall overpriced swanker technofashion gear co. they've crafted themselves into.

I'm still not able to give up on my desktop from them, the system being so stable. But I am EXHAUSTED with the proprietary cable BS, the proprietary everything BS, the electronic equivalent of designer jeans prices that they've reached on everything_ and if that werent enough . . . I refer us all back to the proprietary cable issue; especially when it comes to iPads_

I love my droids.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but I'll never give up my Mac book pro! That's where Apple and I get along , they can keep their phones!

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

Reactions: The Hustleman

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but I'll never give up my Mac book pro! That's where Apple and I get along , they can keep their phones!

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

I'm not giving up my MB Pro either! I used to love the iPhones, but I was getting really bored with them lately. And with the new iPhone 5 pictures coming out (not sure if they are the real deal), it just looked almost more of the same. Yawn.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have money in the bank for a new phone, now that the Note 2 is rumored to be coming soon the big decision is SGS3 or N2?

Now, just to point something out, Apple has *always* been proprietary. Ever since the first mass produced Apple ]['s they've always gone their own way never using industry standard parts if they didn't have to. Only until recent memory could you put "PC" hardware in an Apple. It's not just the phones or tablets. I've been using Apple computers since my first Mac, a Plus with a whopping 1 meg of RAM, no HDD and a single floppy running System 6 (yeah no OS or iOS, it was 'System') and you did it Apples way or no way back then. It's nothing new, however now that Apple is selling 30+ million iPhones a whole hell of a lot more people are being exposed to the 'Apple Way' and finding it less then ideal.

I'm switching within the month because I'm bored with the iPhone at this point and ICS/JB are now to a point that I'm comfortable doing so. Apple pushed the envelope but they haven't for a while now, time to move on.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android. Great choice. Thought about the Note 2 but did not want another tablet. The GS3 is as much phablet as I need.

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm another recent convert. I went from an iPhone and an iPad to a S3 and a Nexus 7. Moving from apple to android is like taking the training wheels off. I wish I would have jumped ship a long time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana