calendar app

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Favorite calendar apps? The stock calendar is not getting it done.

What exactly do you require that the stock Calendar doesn't do?
I am using it over any 3rd party calendar and find it to be exceptionally easy to use and useful for my needs. It syncs between all of my android devices and gmail acct quickly and efficiently. It could sync with my pc MS Office Outlook program through gmail calendar but I find that gmail and MS Outlook don't really like one another that much and Outlook ends up with multiple listings. As I don't need the pc to do email much with a phone and two tablets I simply don't sync Outlook which works for me.

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Works great for both my wife and I. I did download Calendar Event Reminder to customize my alerts more but that's it. But Jorte seems to be one the most recommended 3rd party calendars.

Reactions: D16RR

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Try aCalendar. My favorite of the 20+ I've used. aCalendar+ is worth it for the full screen widget month view with text using 3rd party launchers (Apex).

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The stock calendar is excellent IMO. But, I used Jorte on my Droid 2 (Froyo) and really liked it. I tried between the stock and I still prefer using Jorte, mostly since I can use a dark theme and change colors and such.

Rev/

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you require that the stock Calendar doesn't do?
I am using it over any 3rd party calendar and find it to be exceptionally easy to use and useful for my needs. It syncs between all of my android devices and gmail acct quickly and efficiently. It could sync with my pc MS Office Outlook program through gmail calendar but I find that gmail and MS Outlook don't really like one another that much and Outlook ends up with multiple listings. As I don't need the pc to do email much with a phone and two tablets I simply don't sync Outlook which works for me.

It has a bug where addresses do not properly pull up the nav app in agenda view, and do so inconsistently in other views. Other than that it's fine.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It has a bug where addresses do not properly pull up the nav app in agenda view, and do so inconsistently in other views. Other than that it's fine.

I discovered this as well. Other than that, I haven't found one I like better.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Tried a few. Jorte looks like a 3rd grade project, acalendar and calengoo don't parse addresses, but I found something called Bizcalendar that does. I'll use that till something better comes along. Thanks again everyone.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
As do I, but the location bug makes it substandard. Unless you like copying and pasting when a single press would suffice if the thing was properly coded.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I too like the stock calendar a lot, but I just got used to the 3rd party apps from using them on other devices. My favorite (the one I use on the SGS3) is Business Calendar.

fupayme

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I also use the Stock SGS3 calendar and its tasks. I also have Jorte installed. I used Jorte on my EVO and loved it. However, I have noticed two thing I don't care for...
Stock SGS3 tasks don't sync with google, and both for some reason don't sync in the Facebook birthdays. I haven't figured that one out at all because with Jorte it worked fine on my EVO. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

rjr162

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The stock app has some big flaws. My old galaxy s (with 3rd party Rom at the time) and my iPad both work fine, but the S3 won't show tasks from my companies Zimbra server. If I accept the tasks via one of the other devices or via the web, *then* the task will show.
I haven't figured out why this is happening, but seeing how it works with all the other devices fine it appears to me to be a flaw in s planner