Most worthless update ever?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kies is not letting me back up. gives me errors. Odd since I just used Kies to do the JB update.

There is a troubleshooting tool on Kies. Is it recognizing your phone?

Almost everyone that had problems has done it and it's in just about any JB/GS3 thread you open. Samsung does indeed advise you to do this if you're having troubles after an update, it's right there on their own site and posted up here in threads as well. Everyone of us replying to you have told you this after doing it ourselves. One guy even confirmed the text to speech and Bluetooth works but it's "not confirmed anywhere"? :confused:

Yes, I forgot it is on the page about the upgrade. :)

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a troubleshooting tool on Kies. Is it recognizing your phone?

It recognizes the phone, the firmware is up to date and the "trouble shooting tool" did nothing. This is why Apple loses so few from their team.

Yes, I forgot it is on the page about the upgrade. :)

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Kies is dodgy I'll give you that, but evidently simple devices suit you better my man. Because "driving mode" is an option in the Notification/Pulldown bar......

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was aware of the toggle for driving mode and eventually I found the settings for it but it has nothing to do with Google Voice Typing over Bluetooth. Like I said, I had no problems with ICS or JB on my N7 but this update is half assess at best, and it seems I'm not the only one having issues.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been around the update block a time or 2 so I respectfully disagree with your assertion that a hard reset is usually necessary. It seems half assed to me. Nothing wrong with ICS.

She is right actually bro smh. 90% of those issues can be fixed with a reset. And it's plenty I mean plenty of keyboards in the play store that has swype capabilities

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you doing Kies Air or Kies with your phone hooked up to your computer?

Pop on live chat and tell them it is recognizing your phone but not letting you do an update. They can get it started for you. I've never had an issue with Kies, but each time I upgrade, I do a fresh install of Kies. Also, try taking your battery out for at least 60 seconds, turn your computer off, boot it back up with your phone connected first and then start Kies.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I took the advice and did a factory reset. Google Voice Typing still does NOT work when connected to my car's bluetooth. This eliminates most the my S3's functionality while I'm in the car.

I repeat my claim that his update was worthless.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
2. Swype which was my favorite keyboard used Nuance voice to text, which is now eliminated in favor of the disable Google. LAME

Since the factory reset didn't work and you want this back try another keyboard. Swiftkey3 is an awesome keyboard but since you like Swype they have made "Swiftflow" which is swiftkeys version of Swype. It's still in beta but it may just allow you to use voice to text via Bluetooth.

Worth a shot since it's free and if it doesn't work you can just uninstall.

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Since the factory reset didn't work and you want this back try another keyboard. Swiftkey3 is an awesome keyboard but since you like Swype they have made "Swiftflow" which is swiftkeys version of Swype. It's still in beta but it may just allow you to use voice to text via Bluetooth.

Worth a shot since it's free and if it doesn't work you can just uninstall.

I have Swiftkey but it relies on Google Voice for dictation which doesnt work when connected to bluetooth.

SwiftKey Flow Beta Available for Download

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums