How do I confirm my number on G+ hangouts?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So I load up the new "google talk" app, Google Hangouts and it wants to confirm my number. So I click Confirm and it texts me.. what do I do with that text?? It's not a link/url or anything, just some long code.

the real stig

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, it appears as it already was installed. Simply install it from your browser thru the play store. Your download should start right away

juanaldo12

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Question.
When I try to confirm my phone number, it keeps telling me that it 'couldn't confirm number.'

Does anyone know what my problem is? I have a Spring HTC Evo LTE

neodoru

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@juanaldo12
What's your carrier/country? I'm on telus (Canada) and I have the same issue. I've already tried with another phone, so it's not the phone's fault.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem confirming until I realized you had to be using the stock SMS app. I had Facebook Messenger handling my SMS and it would get the message instead and the account would never confirm. If you're using something other than the default disable it before sending the code, then re-enable it afterwards.

fabio7371

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Great Tip Thank you! :)
I had to remove Handcent first
Reboot my phone and request the code again.
It automatically confirmed by telephone number.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
in hangouts just press menu, then go to settings. at the bottom of the settings page there should say something about confirming your phone number. press that and it will confirm your number for you :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress