Do I want Gingerbread on my Inspire?

ac0x

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Is the battery and memory management and device performance noticably better over 2.2?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have used custum Rom with gingerbread and my battery has been increased by almost 2 hours. The only problem I've been having is that most custom roms have sense 3.0 and drain the RAM pretty fast. Cm7 just doesn't work for me, it keeps rebooting, but its fast. But the RAM should be more efficient with gingerbread. So yes gingerbread can be important for people who multitake and need the most out of their battery.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I can not even get the update to install third party apps so I am not going to hold my breath on getting Gingerbread in July.

Call att support and get them to push the update to your device. As for gingerbread, i agree it is not gonna come this month. It is more than likely comin in August.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Call att support and get them to push the update to your device. As for gingerbread, i agree it is not gonna come this month. It is more than likely comin in August.

Careful zero, you might as well be telling the poor users who have yet to receive the push despite multiple attempts to shake their fists at the att deathstar in hopes of a better harvest.

photo.jpg

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Careful zero, you might as well be telling the poor users who have yet to receive the push despite multiple attempts to shake their fists at the att deathstar in hopes of a better harvest.

photo.jpg

Huh? I was just saying that att has no idea who has got it and who doesnt. If you call em and kindly ask them to push it, they sill gladly push it to your device.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Huh? I was just saying that att has no idea who has got it and who doesnt. If you call em and kindly ask them to push it, they sill gladly push it to your device.

Consider yourself lucky if it turned out to be that easy. A great many people here had to suffer through a process not unlike sending a bagger to the back of the grocery store to check a price on an item he didn't know existed.

Check out the last few pages of this thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-inspire-4g/87857-htc-inspire-sideload-update.html

Wasn't really being all that serious though, seemed like a good opportunity to link to deathstar logo.

I guess I took us off task there, but the att reps have really frustrated the hell out of quite a few over the third party push.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky if it turned out to be that easy. A great many people here had to suffer through a process not unlike sending a bagger to the back of the grocery store to check a price on an item he didn't know existed.

Check out the last few pages of this thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-inspire-4g/87857-htc-inspire-sideload-update.html

Wasn't really being all that serious though, seemed like a good opportunity to link to deathstar logo.

I guess I took us off task there, but the att reps have really frustrated the hell out of quite a few over the third party push.

The way my mother-in-law does it, she will ask to speak to a manager. If you get a manager that still doesn't know what you are talking about, ask to speak to their manager. She says, keep asking to speak to a manager until you get one that knows what you are talking about.

gscream

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
What country are you in? Desire HD received the update from HTC. But from my understanding, Desires are sold in Europe and inspires in US. But either way, if you're in the US, that 2.2 is old. When I bought my Inspire a few months ago, it came with 2.2. I'm currently awaiting 2.3. Anyway, I figure you can get that 2.2 update anywhere.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
When my moms aria updated to 2.2 it had to be Downloaded from HTC not ATT.

It does come thru the manufacturer, but can't be released without AT&T's blessing. Typically when ready, it will be released to AT&T for testing and if approved they will provide that blessing. AT&T is notorious for sitting on upgrades for two or three months for testing.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez