Poor Speakerphone Conversations. Help Appreciated!

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, new Droid user, and forum member here.

I have a problem that I'm hoping you folks can help out with.

It's come to my attention that when I turn on the speakerphone while on a phone call, the person on the other end can barely make out what I'm saying. I sould very robotic, staticy, and tinny (tested myself). As soon as I turn SP off and go back to having the conversation through the earpiece, everyone can hear me loud and clear. I can hear everyone fine btw.

I'm pretty sure the Microphone used on a regular phone call is the same one that's used while on a speakerphone conversation. Is there a setting I should be aware? Is this a known software or hardware issue? Do I have a dud?

Other than this, I am really enjoing this phone. I've been a Berry user for a long time and it's a nice change of pace. Unfortunately, if deemed a device issue, I wouldn't be able to do a buyers remorse. My boss has had this device, unopened in the box, since it came out and I just recently won it in a raffle. I would hate to do a warranty exchange on an essentially brand new phone! :(

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I would guess you don't have ClockworkMod ROM Manager.

You will need to get it free from the MarketPlace, and then copy the zip file I linked above to your SD card. (Don't Unzip)

Then open ClockworkMod ROM Manager on your Inspire and scroll down to "Install ROM from SD Card" and browse to the Mic_fix2.zip file, click it and it should 'Flash' the fix.

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
That is also my experience, coming from Nokia e72. The Inspire 4G is a great phone, but its call quality is not as good as that of the Nokia phones I'd owned. Perhaps the same is true in comparison with the BB.

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If people can't hear you on your inspire when using speakerphone, this fixes it for some.

Thanks! However, I'm still not sure what it does and what the problem is. Is it a noise cancellation problem? Does the phone have two mics? Do you know? I appreciate your insight.

Sent using Tapatalk

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would guess you don't have ClockworkMod ROM Manager.

You will need to get it free from the MarketPlace, and then copy the zip file I linked above to your SD card. (Don't Unzip)

Then open ClockworkMod ROM Manager on your Inspire and scroll down to "Install ROM from SD Card" and browse to the Mic_fix2.zip file, click it and it should 'Flash' the fix.

Thanks Berd.

When I go check out the app in the marketplace, it mentions that the phone needs to rooted. Being totally new to the Droid OS, i'm not very familiar with Root, and how to go about doing it. Can you point me to a good thread, or site explaining all there is to know about it? (Being at work sucks, internet access is limited)

I'll definitely be trying this out once I get this whole Root thing down!

Thanks again!

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Berd.

When I go check out the app in the marketplace, it mentions that the phone needs to rooted. Being totally new to the Droid OS, i'm not very familiar with Root, and how to go about doing it. Can you point me to a good thread, or site explaining all there is to know about it? (Being at work sucks, internet access is limited)

I'll definitely be trying this out once I get this whole Root thing down!

Thanks again!

Sorry, I forgot you also had to be rooted.
It can be intimidating.

Before you go through all that, can you return it?
It shouldn't have that issue.
I just figured it would have been an easy fix with the patch I linked, but if you're not rooted, I'd first try to exchange it for another.

Inka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I forgot you also had to be rooted.
It can be intimidating.

Before you go through all that, can you return it?
It shouldn't have that issue.
I just figured it would have been an easy fix with the patch I linked, but if you're not rooted, I'd first try to exchange it for another.

Unfortunately, I can't. I was given this phone as a gift, and the person who gave it to me got it from HTC directly. They had it in a closet for a couple of months before I got my hands on it so all I could really do is an exchange for a refurbished device.

Thanks for your help though, I'll see what all this rooting business is about and possibly give it a shot.

Thanks again!

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you arent covering the bottom of the phone..thats where the antenna is. remove the sim card and micro sd cover and youll see a little brass colored thing. thats the antenna. (stupid place, i know) make sure its shiny and not all discolored

I would strongly advise against rooting unless you've done it before. One wrong step and your phone's bricked.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
That's just not true. It is very hard to brick unless you're doing things with ENG-OFF and flashing radios the "wrong" way. You should not be doing either of those things to root.

I stand corrected. That's just the impression I've always been under. On another thought, how does this noise cancellation work? People say theres two microphones?