Problems with folders

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have created a folder on my home screen to organize important apps (games) but I've had a couple problems with it.
>First of all it appears you can't rearrange apps in the folder. When you add an app it just puts at the bottom. If anyone knows how to rearrange apps in folders please let me know.
>Also, twice now I've had to delete the folder and remake it because all the apps in it lost their icons. The just showed the default "Lloyd" icon. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any help.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
1) Apps automatically rearranges the apps by name. No way to rearrange them manually.

2) By lost icons Are you uninstalling apps and forgetting to remove them from the folders? Could be something to look in to.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
1) Apps automatically rearranges the apps by name. No way to rearrange them manually.

2) By lost icons Are you uninstalling apps and forgetting to remove them from the folders? Could be something to look in to.

1) I'm not talking about the main apps view, I've created a folder on the home screen and put apps into it.

2) Let me rephrase that, the icons are still there, but they changed from their unique icons to all of them being the generic android icon. You see the same thing when you first go into the manage apps screen.

Krazyhaze

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have this same problem. I have a folder for my games and a folder for my news and weather apps. Some of the distinct app logos are displayed while others are not. For example, the Angry birds game has the Icon of a bird, while right next to it is the Angry Birds "Rio" game that has a generic android picture for the icon. This happens in all of my other folders as well. In fact all of the apps in my weather folder have the same generic green android icon.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It must be a glitch in Froyo. I've noticed that if I add new apps to the folder, they will maintain their correct icon until I do a restart of the device. It also sounds pretty random because Krazyhaze said his Angry Birds is okay, but all 3 of my Angry Birds are the generic icon.

Krazyhaze

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty messed up. I switched my wall paper to a different one and now all of the icons are displayed like they should be. Definitely a glitch.

winsettr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
There are several folder management apps that might appeal to you more than the stock folder management. Two of the more popular apps are Simi Folder and Folder Organizer. I can't tell you exactly which apps have what features, but I bet you can find one that works for you.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded Application Folder from the market. Cool little widget. Anyone being bugged by the default folder problem should check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa