Sideloading woes. Found fix, breaks mms.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I would try shutting down and pulling the battery, waiting a few minutes, reinserting the battery, and restarting the phone. This will force the phone to re-register with the network. When you go to Access Point Names, is there an APN for MMS and if so, does it have a lock on it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Epsilon5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would try shutting down and pulling the battery, waiting a few minutes, reinserting the battery, and restarting the phone. This will force the phone to re-register with the network. When you go to Access Point Names, is there an APN for MMS and if so, does it have a lock on it?

I pulled the battery for ~15 minutes, and MMS still isn't working. There is an APN for MMS, and it has a lock. I also tried resetting the APNs to default, and that didn't work either.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well if someone finds the solution to the mms problem I'll go back to this method. Other than that I'm going to keep struggling with ATT.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Back to stock I went.

We need a moderator to close this disaster of a thread. No answer in fixing your APN settings because they don't help or fix.

In other threads, some suggested to check with your AT&T rep to be sure you still have unlimited texting with picture messages enabled.

Whomever posted this thread, should remove their link, and change the OP to - oops, this will disable some features, ESPECIALLY MMS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Since no APN settings worked, I had to run the RUU. Un-F'ing-believable.

Last edited: