Hinge problems

kludgineer

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
The hinge "issue" is a total non-issue. My hinge is quite springy and tight, but if I hold the phone upside down and force myself to only hold it by the bottom half (which is a very unnatural way to hold it, you naturally want to hold it by both halves), my phone does the same thing.

HTC could have avoided this "issue" by using stronger springs, but then it would have required more hand force to open and close, and it would have been much less responsive. Since no one will hold their phone that way in the real world, I can't imagine this issue will ever cause problems for anyone in the real world.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The hinge "issue" is a total non-issue. My hinge is quite springy and tight, but if I hold the phone upside down and force myself to only hold it by the bottom half (which is a very unnatural way to hold it, you naturally want to hold it by both halves), my phone does the same thing.

HTC could have avoided this "issue" by using stronger springs, but then it would have required more hand force to open and close, and it would have been much less responsive. Since no one will hold their phone that way in the real world, I can't imagine this issue will ever cause problems for anyone in the real world.

Totally agree!!!

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I believe the issue is with a thing called "Gravity". It seems to want to PULL things down, even when we want them to stay up. You're on notice gravity.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe the issue is with a thing called "Gravity". It seems to want to PULL things down, even when we want them to stay up. You're on notice gravity.

onnoticephp.jpg