LED notifications

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Does this device have an LED that can be used for notifications a la BB? Some say yes, others say no. I can see something that looks like an LED by the earpiece but never seen it go off. App like twitter for android and liveprofile have the option to "pulse led on notification". Anyone have a definitive answer if it does or not? This is getting a bit frustrating.

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The only LEDs that could be used for notification are the ones used for the buttons along the bottom. The spot to the right of the earpiece is the front facing camera. The spots to the left of the camera are the light sensors for the auto screen brightness and the cameras.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The only LEDs that could be used for notification are the ones used for the buttons along the bottom. The spot to the right of the earpiece is the front facing camera. The spots to the left of the camera are the light sensors for the auto screen brightness and the cameras.

I see on is a sensor, I am just wondering about the other thing that is next to the sensor. I see two round circles left of the earpiece. That is why I was wondering if one was an led.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I see on is a sensor, I am just wondering about the other thing that is next to the sensor. I see two round circles left of the earpiece. That is why I was wondering if one was an led.

To the left of the T-Mobile branding is a light sensor and proximity sensor. CM7.1 has LED notification built into the framework. That makes the buttons on the bottom flash when you have a notification. No hit on battery life because it's built into the framework. There are other apps that do the same thing, but some of those take a toll on battery life.