Ordered G2x, thinking about returning because of bluetooth issues

robmalt1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I decided to switch from Sprint to T-Mobile and ordered a G2x for myself and my wife. I researched the phone a lot before ordering and didn't see any show stoppers. I just became aware that some folks are experiencing bluetooth issues. Evidently the phone stops communicating with bluetooth devices and the only resolution is to restart it.

My wife doesn't use bluetooth but I do. I have a bluetooth car stereo and use A2DP to listen to music and podcasts while driving.

Is this still a problem? If so, how bad is it? If the phone is going to require a reboot every time I get in my car I'd rather just return it and get a different device.

Phones arrive today. Thoughts?

lindel

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ordered G2x, thinking about returning because of bluetooth is

I don't have anything but a bluetooth headset, but I've never had a problem between it and the phone.

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm not saying the phone never has issues but I'm in and out of my new Ford with MySync Touch several times a day and the phone connects and disconnects without any problems. I'm more likely to have a problem where WiFi won't connect and I have to restart the phone, but it isn't frequent.

robmalt1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Thanks guys. Got the phone last night and I'm really loving it so far. I haven't had a chance to try out bluetooth yet but I will when I get home. This phone is FAST. Skype video calling, Hulu+, and Netflix all working great. Again, very impressed with the speed. I can't believe how much faster it is than my Epic 4G.

4G speeds are 4 mbps. Very happy with it. I didn't have 4G with Sprint and speeds were below 1 mbps.

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty pissed about the limited Bluetooth that the G2x has. I've always used a portable BT keyboard to type word docs and such away from work so that I can spend less time on the job. LG and TMO tech support both told me that the G2x is about the only Android phone who's BT won't support a keyboard. If I'd known that, as much as I like this phone, I'd never have purchased it - now I'm stuck. Ishk.

droidmommy

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I use sync in my Ford explorer and it connects and disconnects flawlessly. I've never had a problem yet (knock on wood)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez