Latest Update - Now SD Card Is Damaged

Makelika Sch

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I did the latest update that T-Mobile had for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and after it rebooted/restarted, it has this error message saying that my SD card is damaged. I haven't done anything to my phone besides that update and now it's showing SD card damaged :confused: When I go to write texts or do anything that uses the keyboard, it shows a blank area for the keyboard area for a few seconds then the keyboard will finallly pop up :-\ Also in my gallery, it went from a bunch of different folders to like 8 folders. Is there any way this can be fixed? Please help..:'(

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. If the Micro SD card has died then its dead.
I picked up a 64GB card over the weekend. Monday i powered off my Note 2, pulled out the 32GB card, put it in an adapter and put it in my computer. Nothing.
Then tried a USB card reader. Nothing. Then took it out of the adapter and tried 2 other USB readers. Nothing.
I put it back in the note 2 and nothing.
Its worked great in all of my past devices and in the note 2. but as soon as i removed it i guess it died..
Lucky for me i use DropBox and all my photos automatically sync so i didnt loos any of them.

Makelika Sch

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How does that happen? I've never damaged my phone in any way or have ever taken anything out of it. What's DropBox? Thanks for your response!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Click on the link in my sig file to check out what drop box is.
Basically its online storage. 5GB free. If you need more you can buy more.. THis is the first time its actually been a life saver for me. Lots of pics saved. I did a back up of my card roughly 6-8 months ago..

Sam Wwst16296

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem .my s3 as killed 2 micro card. The last card lasted for 3 week it was a 16gb card.and not a cheap one.i have notic that it only happen when the phone was on charge. Spoken to samsung on there website live chat. The man was great told me that a new card was in the post. And that they will repair the phone it would take 4day. They will pay post on returning back to me. Lucky i have a dropbox so havnt losed any picture . The card was unable to be read in a pc and/or a s2. No about of removing installing it would make it work. It was blown. Peppel blue 0s network UK.

Sam Wwst16296

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox. Its just a app for phones or on pc. Its a free sevice that give's u free space . So when u take a photo and/or make a file etc it automaticly uploads them to the free space. U can get access to your stuff on any device.

weedrose

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same error pop up on my S3 today. It occurred after installing an update to the Home Depot app I had previously installed, so I uninstalled the entire home depot app & voila, no more error message! Just throwing this out there in case it helps anyone else. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB & haven't had any issues with it since I bought this phone in July 2012. I was concerned until I put card into my pc & it read all of the info on it (while I was at it, I copied the entire card to my laptop). The only thing I could think of was to check to see if I had added any apps recently & I recalled a red flag when the Home Depot app showed up as new... I remembered it had new permissions that I didn't like but I let it install anyways... once I uninstalled the whole thing & powered my phone off/on, the error is no longer there & everything is working fine now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk