Would other galaxy s custom roms work for the 4g

damoek

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For example over at Cyanogen, the Galaxy S is a supported device. If I flashed one of those roms to the phone, would it work? What would be the pros/cons of this experiment?

mawdi5514

May 17, 2011
Visit site
galaxy s 4g

I have a Galaxy s 4g and i am trying to load new Rom through Rom Manager. When I go to select model there is only an option for Galaxy s vibrant. Is this the same as the 4g galaxy? Im am having some problems loading the rom . when i go through the entire process my phone reboots back to the same as it was. No new rom???? an yes my phonne is rooted. can someone help? Thanks

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s 4g and i am trying to load new Rom through Rom Manager. When I go to select model there is only an option for Galaxy s vibrant. Is this the same as the 4g galaxy? Im am having some problems loading the rom . when i go through the entire process my phone reboots back to the same as it was. No new rom???? an yes my phonne is rooted. can someone help? Thanks

Did you already have CWM installed? It won't install through ROM Manager on Froyo. Also, I'm not sure Vibrant ROMs work on the GS4G. You should probably just manually get one.

BTW, you can install a Galaxy S ROM on any GSM Galaxy S if you have a proper reorient kernel. I'm not sure if they have one for the GS4G, but a Vibrant one may work.