Galaxy S2 Bad Screen (must read)

Check_M8

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So I just bought my Tmo Galaxy S2 today. Everything was going great until I laid in bed, in the dark and started a Netflix movie. The beginning of the movie was a dark scene and I noticed weird blotches and lines in my screen. I stopped the movie and tried taking pictures of complete dark to verify what I was seeing wasn't part of the movie. Sure enough my screen is terribly marked with lines and blotches. I'm wondering if I just got a bad unit and if taking it to the store and exchanging it will solve my problem. Can someone verify by going into a complete dark room and viewing a complete black screen (let your capacitive touch buttons time out so they don't interfere) and see if this is going to be a major issue for Samsung (bad batch)?

Thanks,

Ryan

bmwmpower

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
RYAN: I have the exact same issue with my brand new Galaxy S2 for T-Mobile. I went to T-Mobile to exchange it and the new phone displays the exact same vertical lines/noise on the screen. The problem is lessened by turning off auto-brightness and manually maximizing brightness. We should not have to do this though, my friend's iPhone 4 was side by side and we tested it and his screen is PERFECT. I took videos and photos and am going BIG with this to the tech blogs. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Look out for my new thread I will post

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95