Phone won't charge...not too long after ICS upgrade

PCFC

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to all phone forums (so if I'm doing anything wrong, my apologies).

I'm having problems with my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. I plugged in my phone last night to charge overnight, but found that my phone didn't charge at all. The battery life was really low when I woke up and now it's completely dead. Currently, I have it plugged into my computer (via micro USB cable) with no charging response whatsoever. (However, the computer does recognize that I'm connecting something via USB, but the computer doesn't recognize the device.) My home charger doesn't work. My friend's chargers don't work. My USB cord on my computer doesn't work.

This could be entirely coincidental, but I recently (two weeks ago) used the ICS upgrade via Samsung Kies. Ever since, my battery life has diminished. Quite frankly, the entire OS didn't seem that great. Everything has been sluggish and problematic. And I've had charging issues since.

Questions:
-Has anyone been unable to charge their Samsung Galaxy S2?
-Is this connected to the ICS upgrade?
-Any solutions to fix my phone?

I've tried cleaning the port with compressed air, with no luck.

Thanks.

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem with my daughters GS II. Now it just vibrates but won't actually start. I hope someone might be able to answer this one, I did a factory reset but that didn't help, I went to TMobile and they gave me a new battery and that didn't fix it either. I am going to take it back tomorrow since it is still under warranty, but I know we are going to have to wait for them to ship us a new one, before we can deal with this. The drama of a teenager without her phone. Help Me!!!

Robert

jrpage

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the droid 4, right after installing the ICS upgrade (phone said it was charging but stayed at 20% for over an hour). Luckily, i switched chargers and put it in airplane mode, and it seems to charge now but very slowly; not sure which change made the difference. Hope that helps.

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Late reply, but. You should never restart the phone while it is charging. And if you do charge at a 100%. Unplug it and restart it. If not it will stay at 100% for hourssss and eventually just die and you'll be screwed. Avoid leaving it charging after it reaches 100% android phones don't do good if they're plugged in for long period of time. The answer to the phone just vibrate and not working is the phone was in "deep sleep" it thinks it's dead when it's not. Due to overcharging

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Late reply, but. You should never restart the phone while it is charging. And if you do charge at a 100%. Unplug it and restart it. If not it will stay at 100% for hourssss and eventually just die and you'll be screwed. Avoid leaving it charging after it reaches 100% android phones don't do good if they're plugged in for long period of time.

I haven't had any problems leaving my phone on the charger overnight and letting it get to 100%. And I have restarted while it is still plugged in and never noticed it staying at 100% for hours.