App logos on homescreen incorrectly displaying

johnnyn

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
For some odd reason some apps on my homescreen are displaying incorrectly as if I were in usb mode or if my sd card was removed. But when I click on the icons, the app opens and functions perfectly fine. Anyone know why these apps are displaying incorrectly?

2iive2p.jpg

Could it have anything to do with me deleting files from my sd card as i switched from my old mytouch 4g to my new htc sensation? If so can anyone pose a solution?

Your help will be much appreciated!

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a well known issue with Sense 3.0. All the apps that you moved to the SD card will get their icon replaced with the generic one, upon restarting the phone. You have 3 solutions at this point:

1. (The obvious one) Leave your apps on the phone, not on the SD card
2. Upon each restart, delete and re-add the icons
3. Upon each restart, apply a different skin to your Sense, or change the Scene of Sense

I'm so ready for an Sense update to fix this issue....:mad:

Reactions: johnnyn

sgt_kermit

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Another temporary fix that I found somewhere (can't remember where) is to stop HTC Sense, don't worry it will restart automatically and your icons will be back.

Settings - Applications - Running Services - Show Cached Processes (use button next to home button) - HTC Sense -stop.

I've tried it and it works.

keyplyr

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I just open the app tray, let the icons load into the phone's cache, close the tray and voila!

The app icons then display correctly again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty