Help removing continuously downloading file from status bar

rached8

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a few pictures from my gmail (from a known sender, a good friend) but one of the items never successfully downloaded and I can't figure out how to cancel the download or clear it from my status bar. The little "down arrow" is constantly showing in the status bar, I can't clear it and I can't figure out how to force close it. I have also cleared the cache of my gmail, and turned off the phone and removed the battery. Every time I turn it back on, that icon is still there and it looks like it is attempting to download, but never finishes.
:eek:
thanks for any suggestions.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Go into the app drawer and open the downloads application. Should have all your downloads in there, Find your offending download and delete it. It should be gone from the notification bar.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has this been solved yet? I've attempted both of the suggestions and neither have worked. It is becoming quite annoying. Thank you in advance.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Try going into your running apps list and force stop download manager and/or gmail (or whatever app you're downloading the file from).

I just came in here to state that I tried just that. Initially I just cleared the data from my gmail app. But what finally worked was going into settings>apps>all apps> and clicked download manager. I then force stopped it and cleared data and cache. It is now gone. Thank you guys for the ridiculously fast responses.

Matt

akhiljain2

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just came in here to state that I tried just that. Initially I just cleared the data from my gmail app. But what finally worked was going into settings>apps>all apps> and clicked download manager. I then force stopped it and cleared data and cache. It is now gone. Thank you guys for the ridiculously fast responses.

Matt

Got annoyed with the same situation, was on the verge of resetting the phone, just to get rid of that unwanted notification. Thanks mate...!:D

aashtee

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I was getting frustrated with the same thing and force stopping the download manager was such a quick solution!!
Thanks guys!!

Pawandeep_Singh

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Matt

Thanx Matt!!! Worked like a charm!!

Mark Taino

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
this has been going on for 6 weeks, i have Android ICS 4.0.4

did everything from clearing cache, data and going to download and deleting everything. i don't see the filename anywhere in my device and it still continues to be in my status bar after reset, battery pull...

i cant download or update all my apps because it is detecting that i'm still downloading this file and the updates are just queueing...

help please

Prajwal John Lobo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi.... even im facing same problem in my "icecream sandwich", i tried to resolve it by same suggestion bt i didnt found download manager in my device. When I go to settings i found application manager only... can u plz help me...

Prajwal John Lobo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Matt

Hi.... even im facing same problem in my "icecream sandwich", i tried to resolve it by same suggestion bt i didnt found download manager in my device. When I go to settings i found application manager only... can u plz help me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non