Tethering

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
After all the controversy coming down regarding wireless tethering apps being blocked in the Market (T-Mobile included), I'm actually reconsidering my purchase of the Sensation, and that's a shock because it was pretty much a done deal. Instead, I might just pick up a Nexus S.

Does anyone here know if the Sensation will have the USB and WiFi Hotspot features that are built into Gingerbread?

Obviously the Nexus devices still have the functionality. And I know the G2 still has it (oddly enough). However, do the HTC Sense devices still have it?

Although I don't use tethering often, it does come in handy occasionally when travelling. But I definitely don't use it enough to make it worth paying $300-$500 per year extra for.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
After all the controversy coming down regarding wireless tethering apps being blocked in the Market (T-Mobile included), I'm actually reconsidering my purchase of the Sensation, and that's a shock because it was pretty much a done deal. Instead, I might just pick up a Nexus S.

Does anyone here know if the Sensation will have the USB and WiFi Hotspot features that are built into Gingerbread?

Obviously the Nexus devices still have the functionality. And I know the G2 still has it (oddly enough). However, do the HTC Sense devices still have it?

Although I don't use tethering often, it does come in handy occasionally when travelling. But I definitely don't use it enough to make it worth paying $300-$500 per year extra for.

I wouldn't base my purchase off of tethering. I used it on the myTouch 4G and never hit the 5GB threshold and never was charged extra. Perhaps with new 2011 devices they will remove the feature. I guess it depends on how badly people have abused it. Hopefully it will remain for the Sensation 4G.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't think I've ever downloaded a tethering app from the Market, I always use the developer's website.

Sent by a little green robot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress