Found something I don't like...

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
The stock Music player. I use the phone to listen to podcasts on the go. On my Nexus One, the Music player would save where you left off even after restarting the phone. The Sensation's loses its spot as soon as it's off the screen, nevermind if I kill the app or shut the phone off. I need it to save my spot as I can't have my phone on inside the building I work in... not going to be fun to have to search through the hour long podcast to find where I was 8 hours ago.

Any free music player recommendations?

Edit: and another thing! Chuzzle doesn't work! :eek::eek:

Last edited:

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The music player is not meant for podcasts. Giving Google Listen a shot. It resumes playback from where you left off. Plus you can use it to retrieve new episodes of all your podcasts.

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
The music player is not meant for podcasts. Giving Google Listen a shot. It resumes playback from where you left off. Plus you can use it to retrieve new episodes of all your podcasts.

I do use Google Listen for a few streaming podcasts, but I normally download them to the SD card so I can listen to them without any internet connection.
The Nexus stock music player handled this perfectly.

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I do use Google Listen for a few streaming podcasts, but I normally download them to the SD card so I can listen to them without any internet connection.
The Nexus stock music player handled this perfectly.

It's not necessary to have a live connection for Google Listen. And Google Listen does use the microSD for saving any downloaded podcasts.

Just like you, I prefer to download my podcasts at home and listen to them offline. Just use these Google Listen settings:
"Refresh subscriptions" - Manually
"Download new audio" - on
"Only on Wi-Fi" - on

Every now and then when you want to check for and download new episodes, just go to "My listen items" and tap that green refresh icon.

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
That's how I had it set when I first tried it on the N1. I found it would only download partial episodes and jumped around while playing. It worked a lot better when I just streamed them. Maybe it'll work better on the sensation but I need to get through this sd card of already downloaded shows :p
I've been using winamp since last night and it seems to be doing the trick.