ICS 4 Nexus S? The Long 4gotten "Like New" Phone!

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So does anybody else have a problem with Nexus S owners still not receiving an ETA for ICS OTA? I mean, I'm running a ROM that works great, but nothing will beat the real thing when it's released. And I really hope they let Google Wallet stay in the package for the Nexus S ICS update. I have it on my phone now and I'm starting to notice more and more places in the malls that have that little W in Google colors.

I mean, we bought Nexus S phones because they get the best support and updates 1st. The phone has been out in the UK for more than a month and dropped yesterday on VzW and there's no way I'm jumping to VzW to pay for their out of control monthly fee's and I'm not ordering overseas to have a phone with no insurance.

What's the deal Google? Don't make me lose faith in you like I did Blackberry...STEP IT UP!

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Nope not annoyed at all. (Even before the announcement that ICS has been released).

1. Everyone knew the NS would get it
2. Google never gives ETAs (other than soon, the coming weeks, etc)
3. Why stress over it?

I for one am glad it's going out now, and a day after the NS release in the U.S.; I was not looking forward to seeing thread after thread of how evil Google is for not releasing their updates yesterday! :p

losino

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea I want ics, but I'm not trippin about it tho. I know we will eventually get it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Funny that I post that and it drops the same day. But please read on and see if you can help me.

So I start the upgrade and it says that its all done and to restart the phone. My phone is bricked. Been trying for 2 hours to even get it to turn on or show that the battery is charging.

Now, my phone was rooted and running a custom ROM. I rolled back to 2.3.6 and installed the update just as Google said to install it. I purchased my phone through Best Buy Mobile and this is the 4th time I'm replacing it. Will they replace a phone that was rooted with their black tie service or should I just dunk it in the bath tub and say water damage?

This is what I get, first I can't wait for the update, then I get the update and it bricks my phone.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

dunivan

Feb 11, 2011
www.bryantdunivan.com
Funny that I post that and it drops the same day. But please read on and see if you can help me.

So I start the upgrade and it says that its all done and to restart the phone. My phone is bricked. Been trying for 2 hours to even get it to turn on or show that the battery is charging.

Now, my phone was rooted and running a custom ROM. I rolled back to 2.3.6 and installed the update just as Google said to install it. I purchased my phone through Best Buy Mobile and this is the 4th time I'm replacing it. Will they replace a phone that was rooted with their black tie service or should I just dunk it in the bath tub and say water damage?

This is what I get, first I can't wait for the update, then I get the update and it bricks my phone.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

you applied the GSM update to a CDMA phone?

Last edited: