How's the battery on the Nexus S?

marik1234

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate the battery on my Nexus One, I mean it can last a whole day with minimal use easily if I wanted it to but I love using it the way it's supposed to be meant to, like a real smartphone. Sometimes like a laptop because it's that frickin powerful honestly. I can text a lot easily the whole day and the battery will be great, but it takes a dip if I have AIM running and wanna conversate using that too and use some facebook. It's at the worst if I wanna use the browser a lot which I do, I browse the web a lot with it and I find it at like 30-40% when I'm done with school after like 4-5 hours. And it all drains when I'm doing stuff which I hate, it'd prolly run out in like 2 hours if I was on it NONSTOP, I try to use it when I need it most.

I guess overall the battery could be a lot worse but it's usable, how's the battery on the Nexus S? Definitely/significantly/noticeably better than the Nexus One? I'm probably going to get the S soon, just a matter of when. I'll have it by the end of january though.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is better than the one on Nexus One. It can last for a day or so. It's full in the morning when I leave and it still has some before I plug it in for the night.

I usually send/receive about 200 text messages, send/receive about 30 emails, lots of web surfing and minimal use of other apps. I don't make that many phone calls, maybe two or three per day with less than five minutes each. With this kind of usage it lasts me a full day.

marik1234

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty good, that's about what I do all day too pretty much. Niceee, that's great to hear. I wish I had it right now. :/

How's the Super AMOLED screen in comparison to the AMOLED screen on the Nexus One? I have to say I frickin LOVE the AMOLED screen on the Nexus One, it's just so vibrant and clear and sharp, it's my favorite screen on any mobile device/phone, I'm in love with it on max brightness. Is the Super AMOLED screen even better looking and more crisper/vibrant than the N1's?

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
After a few charge/discharge cycles it's holding up much better than my N1 in normal use. Not as good as my G2 though, which was a remarkable workhorse. Right now I'm having some trouble with software that hasn't been updated for Gingerbread sometimes running off and sapping battery but that will pass quickly. Cheers, -Pk

marik1234

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow the G2 was that good battery wise? Awesome, how much did you use to get out of it on one full charge? And above average use right nearing heavy

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Oh wow the G2 was that good battery wise? Awesome, how much did you use to get out of it on one full charge? And above average use right nearing heavy

On my heavy days with three IMAP idle push email accounts, Twitter, Facebook, Mustard, Scanner Radio, etc. all polling and tweaking out constantly I'd still get a full day from ~0700 to ~2100. If I changed intervals from 15m to 30m and 1h in some cases that went through the night until morning.

Two things killed my G2 battery besides bad applications:

1) Accidentally leaving the keyboard open when I set it down. For some reason about 1/2 the time when I did that the screen wouldn't timeout properly and it would stay on for however long I was away.

2) Bluetooth was a heavier drain on the G2 than my prior phones. I still haven't understood why because there isn't any significantly different in the BT support on that phone.

With that said, the battery management on the Nexus S is clearly better. While you may root and ROM-up a G2 to Gingerbread it's not entirely clear power management will be quite as clean as stock support.

I'm very optimistic in a few weeks, after the Holidays, the remaining nasty apps will be updated for Gingerbread and battery life will match or exceed the G2. Cheers, -Pk

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This is what I suggest:
Don't mess with your phone while it is charging, so it can get a GOOD charge
Turn your phone off while charging. (this might be a problem, if it is then leave it on)
If you do mess with your phone don't let the screen be too bright.

If you do this your phone should last a little bit longer. You never know it might help.

Sesro1978

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I charged my Nexus S on Saturday and I still have 40% left on the battery. Now I don't use surf the net on the phone much but I've made 10 or so calls, sent probably 50 texts and done some surfing...also I've downloaded and played around with some apps from the Market. So far I'm really impressed with this phone's battery life. Much better than any smartphone I've owned recently.

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Full this morning at 6:30, still sitting at 50% at 5 pm with fairly regular use and some browsing and Angry Birds while dropping off the kids at the pool. The battery seems to be significantly better than my Vibrant was, and much better than what I remember of my N1. Pretty darn good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo