2.3.4 Rolling out now. Official thread HERE!!

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Not working here....

I'm on 2.3.3, and I'm getting the following message:

After verifying current system....

assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:2945024.... etc...
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)

DaX05

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
getting the same problem - i have the Canadian version as well!

That's because you need the 2.3.4 for the GRI54. They arent specific enough here with which update is for what models. This is why you guys are getting error messages.

Im also waiting for the update for the GRI54 build.

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
That's because you need the 2.3.4 for the GRI54. They arent specific enough here with which update is for what models. This is why you guys are getting error messages.

Well, I'm on GRI40 and the zip contains GRI40 in it, so I'm assuming I have the proper file....

(I know I know never assume...)

farazwarsi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm on GRI40 and the zip contains GRI40 in it, so I'm assuming I have the proper file....

(I know I know never assume...)

Thanks! Will wait then....

embraboy

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Great stuff, thanks for the heads up. I'm having some difficulty however - I get about 30% through and I get an error: "assert failed: file_getprop....". I get a return code of 7 and the message "installation aborted".

I'm using a Nexus S on O2 with 2.3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2.3.4 is now officially rolling out OTA, post status reports and how its working for you here.

DOWNLOAD LOCATION: http://android.clients.google.com/p...749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip

Brings Bug fixes
And Video Chat!!

OTA coming over the next few weeks.

~~@GoogleNexus

What's the surprise?

Update-- The surprise was a second puzzle to win a Nexus S, nothing really important to us.

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Great stuff, thanks for the heads up. I'm having some difficulty however - I get about 30% through and I get an error: "assert failed: file_getprop....". I get a return code of 7 and the message "installation aborted".

I'm using a Nexus S on O2 with 2.3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I basically had the same error, I ended up installing 2.3.3 again and then before even booting installed the .4 and everything was fine.

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Tango issues

I think this update may have busted Tango video calls. I made a call just the other day with no issue. Today, I made a call and my front camera will not work in Tango. Just a blank image. Rear camera works and I can see the other person just fine.

Anyone else see this since the update?

Unfortunately, Google Talk is still pretty limited in device support, so I need to keep using Tango.

jaro

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
update doesn't work for me neither

i'm using a swiss version of the nexus (swisscom), the phone is unbranded (2.3.3 and GRI54). none of the updates here does work for me, i always get the error 7 (as already described by others). i'm waiting

deradler

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
2.3.2 to 2.3.4

I could not update from 2.3.2 directly to 2.3.4 I had to install 2.3.3 first. 2.3.4 was looking for 2.3.3 and when it did not find it it aborted.

jaycop

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
No, that GRI54 linked 2.34 updater file did not work for me on my Canadian Nexus S - I got the same error as when trying the original 2.3.4 update link.

-peter

I am thinking it will not work because Google Voice is not supported in Canada and that is the main purpose of the up date...

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
anybody manually installed yet? Initial thoughts? I'll probably update this weekend.

I manually updated. So far so good. I never really had any of the lock-up problems that plagued some users though.

As far as the GPS issue goes, Google says they haven't fixed it but I can see some improvements right now. I'll keep an eye on it.

Video chat works great! I haven't tried on 3G yet but my 1 3G call connected (it rang) but my contact had to reject my call since she suddenly had some urgent matters to attend to. I'll try again tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87