SD Card Headaches...

xdoomsongx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright, new to forum and new to android platform. I came over from using an old BB curve that I loved. I picked up the Optimus T when my curve started nuking every 12 hours. I have to say the only thing I miss is the hard keyboard. The Optimus T has been an AWESOME device so far. I have hit a snag though that I can't seem to figure out. It is still on stock OS version V10S according to LG tools. When I moved things over from my BB, I backed up my SD card on to my PC and then placed the SD card in the LG. To my surprise, the phone didn't need to format the card in any way, and read all the files on the card just fine. It is an 8GB class 4 San Disk card. Needless to say, I soon discovered that an already full 8GB card wasn't going to cut it for storing apps and such, so I purchased a class 6, 16 GB card. I unmounted the old 8GB card and stuck in the new card, nothing. It's like it's not even reading it. I took it out, and placed it in my PC, it read it no problem. So far I have tried copying the backup files to the new SD card, reformatting, reformatting and then copying the backup files to the new card, and still it refuses to read it in the phone, it just keeps saying that the old one has been removed. I even borrowed a friends class 4, 16GB card and tried it out to no avail. I have yet to do a factory reset, because I don't think that will help, but I am open to suggestions before I snap and throw this thing in the street. Any thoughts and input greatly appreciated.

xdoomsongx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Called Tmo tech support, they had me basically do everything I had already done, and then decided that they were going to do a warranty replacement. Works for me, but I've started to not like the phone at this point. Really missing the hard keyboard. Thinking I might have to replace with a G2. I picked up a Moto Cliq 2 off of CL and it is nice, but holy crap talk about bloat ware! There's also the small problem that my SO has swiped it, and decided she needs to use it :-\ Glad I tried out an android phone though, can't see myself going back to a blackberry, these are just too much fun to play around with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699