Help rooting LG P509 android v 2.2.2

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been looking around these forums for a few days havent really found much about rooting my optimus t due to the android version being froyo 2.2.2 I saw a tutorial over on another forum but you have to use command prompt and I dont really want to have to download multiple files especially JRE, I hate java. I'm just wondering if there is a quick way to root my phone without downgrading to 2.2 or if there I can use superoneclick or gingerbreak or something like that with 2.2.2

Any help is greatly appreciated

PCAce

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I just received my replacement phone and tried the manual entry (which worked perfect when the Android version was 2.2), but now the new phone is running 2.2.2. I came across this thread and am wondering if you used Gingerbreak from within the SuperOneClick 2.3.1 program, or did you use it stand-alone (does it exist separately)? I've tried SuperOneClick 2.3.1, 2.2, & 1.95 using Gingerbreak, psneuter, and zergRush, all with no success.

The problem I'm having is that once the exploit is executed, the ADB server does not detect the device unless I shutdown and restart the P509. I recall that the older phones restarted after the exploit executed. This does not happen now.

Here's my details: Android 2.2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9 lg-electronics@android-buildserver #1
Build number FRG83G
Software version LG-P509-V10s

Any resources or exploits exist that I haven't tried? I've even tried the procedure through four different USB 2.0 ports, all with no success.

Thanks,

Clint