swype keyboard quirk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
has anybody else noticed this? sometimes when i press a letter to start a word it acts like a tap. for example, if i try to type happy it will give me h happy. is this just a quirk of the screen itself and touch panel?

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just swyped "happy" several times and all is good. I spent an hour last night swyping like mad trying to get used to it (I like it!) and I didn't notice this quirk.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can duplicate it. I just need to put a little more pressure on the screen. I've been used to the glass screen of the EVO.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
No no haha I have this problem alot on my optimus s and it very annoying it either shoots out something like ( whats. Going on with thi sgh im whatt ) and some times I spell the word fully and it supposed to remember the correct words but it dont it dose something like this ( when I spell (the) it dose (tge) and my brothers name in perfect then spell it it dose (bushel) and its (nishel) is there my be a problem cuz im using a invisable shield cuz it wasnt doing this the first week with it on an is there a way to fix it any help with this would be a life saver haha thanks in advanced

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the digitizer/plastic screen combo not keeping 100% contact with each other. I don't think there's a way to fix it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Swype is flawless as I am, depends on how many beers I guess. When my phone is plugged in all my touch functions sometimes are off sometimes, including swype. I do reboot daily:)