Nothing but problems with my T-Mobile Note 3?...

fatfrog3

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
What you are getting is plaguing GN3 owners all over the globe. It's not carrier related. It's a clash between Knox (Samsungs "security") & androids native security (SE android). They are battling for "top spot". I'm on my 4th GN3 since 10/3, I've logged over 30hrs with every tier of Samsung help, & nothing but mixed messages (no pun intended). This handset is bipolar, it's like the Republicans versus the Democrats in there. But what really scares me us that they haven't got the handset jiving with 4.3, & they're rolling out 4.4 in January?!? What problems can we expect then? Huh, SAMSUNG?!?

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally swapping from iPhone 5S to Note 3 as soon as I sell this phone. The iPhone is fast as balls... but being within Apple's super closed environment since iPhone 3G... I'm tired of it, I want customization back.

I think if you jump from Android to iPhone you'll miss customization and over-all flexibility.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess we all run into a troubled device every once in a while, they get mass manufactured so one being faulty is always possible. I love my Galaxy Note 3, had some trouble with Wi-Fi until i switched off the power saving mode and now it runs great. No phone will ever be perfect, battery life will never be like the olden days. I think some people tend to overdo it when they write about their battery life, no way it can be THAT horrible unless you can provide us with some actual proof...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can set device administrator in the settings. Settings>General>Security uncheck Knox

I was never a big fan of LookOut. So since day 1 i had that app turned off.
Im not seeing the problems of over heating or rapid battery drain. Only had my device 5 days..
I did go into Settings > General > Security > and i had Know and Lookout unchecked already and Android Device Manager is checked.

I did initially get that annoying drop down shield that people are talking about, refering to an application trying to get to the system of my device. However it never provided me with any useful information.
I feel this is a huge flaw in the app. Samsung, listen up, if your going to give me a pop up saying an app is malicious and your going to stop it you better tell me what the app is..
Thats about as useless as the Check Engine light on a truck.

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
i don't have any anti-virus on my mac book or any of my devices either. I don't experiment with apps by sideloading or even care for free apps. most problems come from user error not someone intentionally trying to give you a virus.

Posted via Android Central App

There aren't a lot of people writing virii for Mac books.... there aren't enough Macs in use to make it worth their time and effort. Time is money (or recognition and prestige), and if you don't get enough return on your time investment you just wasted your time. It's why places that paint over graffiti as soon as it happens usually have less. Not there long enough for people to see it. Same reason there actually wasn't malware for Androids three years ago. Not enough to make it worthwhile. Now things are different.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
There aren't a lot of people writing virii for Mac books.... there aren't enough Macs in use to make it worth their time and effort. Time is money (or recognition and prestige), and if you don't get enough return on your time investment you just wasted your time. It's why places that paint over graffiti as soon as it happens usually have less. Not there long enough for people to see it. Same reason there actually wasn't malware for Androids three years ago. Not enough to make it worthwhile. Now things are different.

so you're saying? why would I need any of it? I don't my time and my experience are mine alone. it's my choice not to have any AV's bc I don't need them there shouldn't be a debate about it

liveinlovexx

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Well... They had replaced my device due to it constantly heating up. I turned off lookout notifications and such, and 30 days later it popped up again, I re-turned it off and NOW all of a sudden this new phone is doing the heating up and dying within an hour thing and when I put it on the charger it shows it's charing but not actually keeping any of it's charge. THIS IS MY THIRD GALAXY NOTE 3 by the way.... I am not sure what to do from here, seems like it's a universal problem with outlook because when I check the battery life it shows outlook drained 40-60% of it... but it's not letting me turn it off further than I already did. I can go get another new phone, but I know this will happen again... so sick of it. Anyone else still having issues?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 is a phone with lots a potential........however, in my opinion they rushed to put it out without giving the quality it deserves. The heating up is not the only problem with it, there are lots of problem with it even though you will hear some people saying that they don't have any problem, but after reading lots of posts in here I will say that those are the minority. ... In any event you said that you are not sure what to do from here.....Well I don't know what carrier you have but in my case since I am with Tmobile and I have JUMP, .... comes April.... I am jumping into the Galaxy S5..... and leaving the Note 3 behind.....To many BUGSSSSSS.

markbo2000

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't get all the issues others are having. I see the application being canceled issue maybe once a month but that is it. No overheating or anything else. Mine has been an awesome device.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Same problem, just disabled lookout and no issues. My T-Mobile Note 3 is working fantastic. Lookout is giving many ozone the same problem.
Vinny

Posted via Android Central App

chefjayhawk

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
What you are getting is plaguing GN3 owners all over the globe. It's not carrier related. It's a clash between Knox (Samsungs "security") & androids native security (SE android). They are battling for "top spot". I'm on my 4th GN3 since 10/3, I've logged over 30hrs with every tier of Samsung help, & nothing but mixed messages (no pun intended). This handset is bipolar, it's like the Republicans versus the Democrats in there. But what really scares me us that they haven't got the handset jiving with 4.3, & they're rolling out 4.4 in January?!? What problems can we expect then? Huh, SAMSUNG?!?

I've had mine 2 months no issues, rooted it, got rid of Knox. Knox is more for businesses and company security. It's useless for personal reasons and takes up a lot of space. Love the Note 3! You don't need antivirus apps either, it's all gimmick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
so you're saying? why would I need any of it? I don't my time and my experience are mine alone. it's my choice not to have any AV's bc I don't need them there shouldn't be a debate about it

I'm saying that one big reason that you don't have a problem is that you've used products that nobody has really gone after. It's like saying locks aren't needed because I've never been burgled. Of course that could be because I don't have anything worth stealing.
Just because YOU don't think you need antivirus, doesn't mean that others don't.
And you brought it up, then you posted yet again trying to argue your point,so if anyone wants a debate about it, it's you. Or rather you want to be able to say your opinion without anyone questioning it. You're point was actually meaningless in the first place. Who cares about your Mac? That's not relavent at all. Bully for you you don't have something people see as worth targeting, nor do you actually do anything with your phone or computer but surf a few sites on the web. Some people actually use their devices... imagine that.

Last edited:

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you absolutely need an anti-malware app, disable Lookout and give Bit Defender a try. It's very light on resources.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
No problems here with my T-Mobile Note 3. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but mine is rooted and is running a custom ROM (and kernel). I still have Look Out running in case I lose it :)

Sent from my Anthem filled Note 3

dustrho

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
At the very least root your phone & disable both knox & lookout. You'll soon start seeing bunnies bouncing in the meadow again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Klay Bowser

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nothing but problems with my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy II and TMobile company

Here's my story. My Samsung Galaxy II cell phone is only 3 months old. I took care of my phone like it was a new born baby. The screen started falling of a week ago, which in turn is causing program problems. Well I thought "no big deal, T-Mobile will take care of it", WRONG!!! Even though it's a new phone, the damage is a factory defect, and I've been with T-Mobile for 8 years, they say I have to use my insurance and PAY $150.00 to get it replaced, STRIKE 1. So I thought, I have to quit doing that, "I'll call Samsung, they will certainly stand behind their product", WRONG!!!. After a half an hour on the phone with someone from India this is their solution. Send in the phone for 7-10 business days, with no replacement to use in the meantime, and they'll fix it. That's 2 weeks without a phone, STRIKE 2. So then I post this all on Facebook and guess who responds? T-Mobile. TForce they are called. What a joke. It should be called TFarce, not TForce. Well that was STRIKE 3.
The moral of the story is this... First NEVER EVER buy a Samsung device, and PLEASE check out the carrier you are going to use and of course don't use T-Mobile. They don't care about their customers at all. :( :'( :-\ :mad: :confused: