Kitkat lockscreen album art problem

jlanik4

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem where if you listen to music through earphones the lockscreen album art doesn't show up, but if you play music through the speaker, the album art does show up? Don't know why this is happening.

Posted via Android Central App

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem where if you listen to music through earphones the lockscreen album art doesn't show up, but if you play music through the speaker, the album art does show up? Don't know why this is happening.

For me, the album art and controls NEVER show up. All that happens is if I'm listening to Slacker and look at the lockscreen as a song changes, the album art and controls will appear for a split second and then disappear again, like it is being overridden somehow...

EDIT: Oh my god! Thank you, XDA forums! It turns out, this was caused by an app called Degauss which is meant to assign actions to headphone buttons. The thing is, I didn't even have it active and it apparently was still causing the music controls to "hide". I uninstalled it and now the music controls show up perfectly.

Last edited:

jlanik4

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I resolved the issue, albeit in the most inconvenient way possible : factory reset. Works fine now.

jesus molina

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much, this solved the issue also for me!! I had installed "droid phone" to add features to my headphone buttons and it was disabling the art work and music controls on the lock screen.

Thank you :)

Usman Khan12

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I also had this problem but then i switched my native launcher theme to default coz i have a different launcher with themes and it fixed it maybe this could help somebody