migrate to replacement phone at the store?

bootlooped

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
My son ran into glitches trying to get his phone replaced at the store under T-mobile's Jump replacement program. His Note 3 is boot-looping a lot as was mine. In my case I ended up with a note 4.

He was hoping to migrate at the store but T-mobile wasn't able to explain clearly the process (hence, he cannot explain it to me). It turned out also the replacement Note 3 started bootlooping.... so whatever they did, he could not verify.

What's the best backup / restore option? Any security concerns with Google backup / restore method? Any comments on Helium? Or Titanium?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If the replacement bootlooped after the migration, I wouldn't bother migration. I'd expect something in the phone causing the boot loop came over as well.

It would be better to start everything from scratch. If the photos are all on the SD card, just insert that into the new phone. The contacts should automatically migrate once you log onto your Google account if you have been syncing like you should be doing. Messages can be tricky since your phone is looping. You can maybe use an app like SMS Backup and Restore.

Titanium and Helium both need root, so a boot looping phone is a no go. If it reboots in the middle of the rooting process it can turn into a brick. Helium has a nonroot work around but you need a PC with the proper drivers. If you can get that, all you want to backup are messages. Leave everything else behind. If your apps have been backing up to Google they won't be a problem.

bootlooped

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
thanks good tip it could brick. he has to put ice near the camera to keep it running.

does the google app backup feature work well on Android 5?

main thing he is worried about is files from autodesk sketchbook.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer