T-Mobile: April 24 (online); May 1 in stores; $149 down

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

So you buy a SG4 like the iPhone under their new low payment up front $149.99 and $20.00 a mo. for 24 months...That is $629.99 for the phone if you keep it 2 years. A little too much for my blood but love the phone itself and will at least warrant checking it out.

Thank you for the info.

EDIT:
Plus this:
Simple Choice Plan
T-Mobile?s Simple Choice Plan starts with a base rate of $50 per month for unlimited talk, text and Web with 500MB of high-speed data at up to 4G speeds. Consumers can add up to 2GB of high-speed 4G data for $10 per month per line or get unlimited 4G data for an additional $20 per month per line. Customers can add a second phone line for $30 per month, and each additional line is just $10 per month. There are no caps and no overages, and no restrictive annual service contracts.

Does not add up for my liking!

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think by far the best deal out there. $630 does not strike me as high for the total cost of the phone.

It's not. It's just that people aren't use to seeing the full prices of the phones they're buying, so when they do see it it shocks them. Although the other carriers end up making more off of them in the long run. I like T-Mobile's new plans.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I like T-Mobile's new plans.

I like them too. I find it quite remarkable that one could buy Samsung Galaxy S4 with unlimited minutes and have a monthly payment of only $70 plus taxes and fees. Data is only 500MB which is next to nothing, but fine for most people who have access to wifi. I like the fact that you can tether for free for 500MB and that the data cap is only a soft cap -- you still get unlimited 2G-speed. For an extra $10 bucks as needed you can add 2GB of 4G-speed data which can be tethered if you want. I really hope T-mobile can be successful. I would really like the other majors to move in this sort of direction.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I already ordered a case, and one spare battery/desktop charger, will be leaving Verizon for this, because the combination of HSPA 42 & LTE is better than crappy EVDO & LTE, plus T-Mobile has a better payment plan, screw Verizon's $2 finance charge.

$2 finance charge for what?

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just for reference, the Galaxy S III was $629.99 when it was first released. T-Mobile dropped the price to $599.99 when availability increased about six weeks later.

Since people like round numbers, it looks like $579.99 is the new $599.99 ($99 down).

I'm guessing you can save yourself about fifty dollars if you wait until early June. I plan on waiting until at least the end of May before making any decisions just to see what Google is going to be rolling out.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I like them too. I find it quite remarkable that one could buy Samsung Galaxy S4 with unlimited minutes and have a monthly payment of only $70 plus taxes and fees. Data is only 500MB which is next to nothing, but fine for most people who have access to wifi. I like the fact that you can tether for free for 500MB and that the data cap is only a soft cap -- you still get unlimited 2G-speed. For an extra $10 bucks as needed you can add 2GB of 4G-speed data which can be tethered if you want. I really hope T-mobile can be successful. I would really like the other majors to move in this sort of direction.

The best plan is still the PREpaid $30 unl text 100min voice & 5GIG high-speed data. Been using that since it came out on my Note 2 and with eBay purchased discounted refill cards it has cost me an average of under $27/month NET and there are no ripoff taxes. With rooting it can be tethered so that's not an issue. Any extra minutes I need (never have yet) I'll pay the 10cents. My wife has it on her iPhone 4s as well and she's paid for a few extra minutes. IMO unless you need LOTS of voice minutes it's the way to go.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not. It's just that people aren't use to seeing the full prices of the phones they're buying, so when they do see it it shocks them. Although the other carriers end up making more off of them in the long run. I like T-Mobile's new plans.

Considering the price of Google products, KIRFs, and laptops....you'd think these would be a bit under $500 by now. Carriers can't let that happen though.

The S4 seems nice, but idk that it's worth $50 more than the 2 latest phones that came out recently on T-Mo. Both quality phones.

I was rdy to pay $580, but I think I'll wait it out.....esp with all the rumblings coming from LG and Moto.

$2 finance charge for what?

Verizon charges $2 ish more a month to finance a phone.

Just for reference, the Galaxy S III was $629.99 when it was first released. T-Mobile dropped the price to $599.99 when availability increased about six weeks later.

Since people like round numbers, it looks like $579.99 is the new $599.99 ($99 down).

I'm guessing you can save yourself about fifty dollars if you wait until early June. I plan on waiting until at least the end of May before making any decisions just to see what Google is going to be rolling out.

You're probably right. I just hate waiting, the longer you wait the closer it'll be to the s5 coming out.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Verizon's idea of a device payment plan rumored to be launching 4/21, there's a 2 dollar a month finance charge, and they want it paid off in 12 months, T-Mobile's device payment plan is better.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Droid Charge, so I'm ready to upgrade NOW, want to enjoy the benefits of quad-core processors and 2GB's of RAM, and the newest version of Android.
I'm ready to upgrade, really can't wait 6-8wks.