No voice incoming or outgoing with calls, but Skype works?

karinnicole

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Within the last month, I purchased a Galaxy s4. It was great, until I dropped it. Oops. The screen shattered and went black. Was not usable at all. I was still receiving texts and calls (I could hear it ring) but I couldn't check them or answer anything.

Took it somewhere and got the screen fixed. Worked great for a few days. Suddenly the voice input was not working. It was going in and out. Someone would call and couldn't hear anything, so we'd call back and it would work okay. Eventually this stopped working, and now I can't call at all (*I can send a call, but we can't hear each other).

HOWEVER! I've found a slight workaround, which is using Skype to call. It works. They can hear me, I can hear them, no issues. This works for now, but is not something I want to do as a regular thing. I mean, it'd be nice to use my phone as it should work. I feel like a complete ***** for dropping it and I hate myself for it, but such is life.

Any ideas?

Orical

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if you replace the dialer, first thing is to test it. Search in the playstore for "dialers for Android" and there's a few that pop up but the hangouts dialer works great, this will bypass the stock dialer in the phone. Try a couple of them and if they all work but the stock still fails then that's the problem. From what your describing it's software based and without having the phone in hand there's no real way to know what's causing it to fault.

karinnicole

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if you replace the dialer, first thing is to test it. Search in the playstore for "dialers for Android" and there's a few that pop up but the hangouts dialer works great, this will bypass the stock dialer in the phone. Try a couple of them and if they all work but the stock still fails then that's the problem. From what your describing it's software based and without having the phone in hand there's no real way to know what's causing it to fault.
Thank you for responding. I can place calls and it will connect to the other person, but once it's connected and they're trying to talk I can't hear them and when I speak they can't hear me either. It just sounds like nothingness. Works the same with incoming calls. I can pick it up, but they can't hear me and I can't hear them.

Orical

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for responding. I can place calls and it will connect to the other person, but once it's connected and they're trying to talk I can't hear them and when I speak they can't hear me either. It just sounds like nothingness. Works the same with incoming calls. I can pick it up, but they can't hear me and I can't hear them.
Well Skype uses its own service so if it works that way it's gotta be software based, if it was the mic or a wire it wouldn't work no matter what you try.

No problem though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress