I will never use TMobile again!!

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Droid X last month and ported my number over from TMobile. As soon as I ported the number I went online to TMobile and my account was deactivated. I couldn't log on to see old bills or when the next bill was due. As far as I was concerned I was cancelled with TMobile. Well I just got my final bill and they are making me pay the FULL billing cycle. I ported 2 days into my billing cycle but they are not prorating whatsoever. ERRRRR. I called and they kept telling me to go back and look into my terms of service that I signed. Well that was 5 years ago! The supervisor on the phone was not helpful at all and even said that "all carriers have this same process." I called Verizon and the rep told me that is not true. Once a number is ported out of Verizon the billing cycle is prorated to that date.

I had no problems with TMobile. Only transferred cause I wanted the Droid X. I will never go back to TMobile again. This is pretty shady if you ask me. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth with a company.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That seems to be very odd. I have been with T-Mobile for 8 years and I always have been very happy with their service. I would recommend that you call back T-Mobile and when the "robot lady" gives you a welcome greeting say "account number" and you get transfered to customer loyalty. Be kind, courteous and respectful and calmly explain your situation and they will help you. Be kind to them and they will be kind to you.

babydoll25

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile is INDEED SHADY! and no, not every CSR is kind and courteous even when I am polite and resepctful...some of them are inconsiderate and ignorant of their own company policy. I have been with them since 1998 (when they were voicestream) (not by my choice) and I have experienced shady problems with a similar vibe to what the OP described.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No matter what company you choose, someone in your area is going to have issues with them. Realistically, people have to decide what carrier is best for them. Yes, opinions from others do help, but in some cases their opinions can be "outdated". T-Mobile has improved quite a bit since I left them in 2003, but I would never go back to them due to the fact that CS lied to me in regards to their coverage and my account. Does this mean that they are a bad company, absolutely not, they just aren't a company I will go back to.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Every carrier has these stories and issues unfortunately. You just need to find the right person to help you.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

protaganis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Their monthly bills are NOT prorated. 2 days is a month, just the same as 28 or 31 days is a month. You need to catch them just before the end of their billing cycle.
Most every cell company functions like this. It's also a standard practice in many other fields.
If you are VERY nice to the Customer Service rep, they might try to help. But there are no guarantees.

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Their monthly bills are NOT prorated. 2 days is a month, just the same as 28 or 31 days is a month. You need to catch them just before the end of their billing cycle.
Most every cell company functions like this. It's also a standard practice in many other fields.
If you are VERY nice to the Customer Service rep, they might try to help. But there are no guarantees.

*Shrug* Sprint prorates their plan...though I'm still thinking about going back to T-Mobile due to the crappy Sprint 4G.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why the Verizon Wireless sales rep told you that, but in my experience every customer that comes over from VZW to T-Mobile from a port in process, they are billed out through the end of the billing cycle.

I think it's pretty standard policy for everyone unless you call in for it. Good luck.

ValerieAnne

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I decided to go with T-Mo a few years ago because everybody was telling me I should. I had NO problems for over a year. I moved, and had opted out of my contract because I don't get T-Mo coverage where I live now. Well, over a year later (I stopped using T-Mo end of 2009) I got a bill from a collection agency. I hadn't heard anything from T-Mobile (no calls, no mails, etc) that I owed them any money until I got the letter.

Made me happy I went back to pre-paid to be honest. I pay the same pre-pay as I did with t-mobile, well cheaper since there aren't fees or taxes. I do have to say that their Customer Support was the best I'd had (I've tried most of the major carriers).

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go with T-Mo a few years ago because everybody was telling me I should. I had NO problems for over a year. I moved, and had opted out of my contract because I don't get T-Mo coverage where I live now. Well, over a year later (I stopped using T-Mo end of 2009) I got a bill from a collection agency. I hadn't heard anything from T-Mobile (no calls, no mails, etc) that I owed them any money until I got the letter.

Made me happy I went back to pre-paid to be honest. I pay the same pre-pay as I did with t-mobile, well cheaper since there aren't fees or taxes. I do have to say that their Customer Support was the best I'd had (I've tried most of the major carriers).
T-mobile will send you a bill one past your final bill showing a balance of zero. Because you moved it might have gotten lost in the mail, but they definitely would have sent you one.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I do have to say that their Customer Support was the best I'd had (I've tried most of the major carriers).

I agree! I have AT&T and T-Mobile as my personal phones. My company issued me a Verizon phone. VZW's customer service is a NIGHTMARE! They're extremely rude to me, and their tech support is pretty much clueless. If my company didn't all but make me have the VZW phone, I'd mail it back to Verizon. AT&T's customer service can go either way, depending on when you call, and who you talk to. T-Mobile's customer service has never given me any problems, and are always willing to help me out. The ONLY reason that I got the T-Mobile G2x was the WiFi Calling for when I'm international.